Chapter: Reckoning Under the Rain

It had been four long days since Arie had last spoken to Sky. Each passing hour felt like a year, and tonight, the weight of the silence was heavier than ever. The rain pounded against her window, a relentless reminder of her turmoil. She lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, willing herself to sleep.

A sudden knock on the balcony door startled her. Her heart raced as she sat up, straining to see through the darkness. The rain was coming down in sheets, making it nearly impossible to discern anything outside. Curiosity and a flicker of fear propelled her to the door. She opened it cautiously, her breath hitching as the wind whipped around her.

Before she could react, a hand clamped over her mouth, and she was yanked forward. Panic surged through her veins, but then she caught a familiar scent—Sky. Her initial fear melted away, replaced by a tumultuous mix of relief and confusion.

Her eyes fluttered open to meet Sky's intense gaze, his eyes like molten honey, drawing her in. His hand slipped under her t-shirt, the warmth of his touch searing her skin. He traced a path along her bare waist, sending shivers up her spine. His grip tightened, pulling her closer until their bodies were flush against each other.

She could barely process the onslaught of sensations. His other hand moved deliberately under her shirt, gliding up her back with a possessive tenderness. The sensation was electric, igniting every nerve ending. His hand came to rest at the juncture of her neck and shoulder, his thumb brushing the sensitive skin near her collarbone.

Sky leaned in, his breath hot against her ear. "You don't have any choice other than me," he whispered, his voice a dark, velvety promise. "And if you choose someone else, he's dead." The possessiveness in his tone sent a thrill through her, a potent mix of fear and desire.

His lips descended on hers with an urgency that took her breath away. The kiss was fierce, consuming, a claim and a vow all at once. Her mind spun, drowning in the intensity of his touch, the taste of his lips. Every stroke of his hand, every brush of his lips was a reminder of his undeniable claim on her.

Arie's knees weakened, but Sky's hold on her was unyielding. The world outside disappeared; there was only the storm of their reunion, raw and powerful. She clung to him, her fingers digging into his shoulders as she returned his kiss with equal fervor.