Chapter 7

As the rain poured down outside, casting a soothing rhythm against the windowpane, Arie sat in her room, lost in the melodic strains of her favorite music. With her headphones on and the world outside obscured by the gray haze of the storm, she found solace in the simple act of being still, allowing her thoughts to drift like leaves on a gentle breeze.

Unbeknownst to her, Stormy and Theo had been studying diligently for their university entrance exams, their shared determination and focus binding them together in a journey towards a brighter future. And as the rain continued to fall outside, they found themselves seeking refuge in Arie's room, drawn by the promise of warmth and companionship.

As they entered the room, they were met with the sight of Arie lost in her own world, her gaze fixed on the window as she watched the rain cascade down in shimmering curtains. But it was what she didn't see that caught their attention—the subtle smile that graced her lips as she watched Sky on his terrace, playing with his dog Pickle.

Theo shared a knowing glance with Stormy, a silent acknowledgment of the unspoken connection that bound their siblings together. For years, they had watched as Arie and Sky danced around their feelings, their hearts tethered by the invisible threads of fate.

"Hey, Arie," Stormy called out, her voice breaking through the quiet reverie. "What are you listening to?"

Arie jumped slightly, startled out of her thoughts. Removing her headphones, she turned to face her sister and Theo, a sheepish smile playing at the corners of her lips.

"Just some music," she replied, her voice tinged with embarrassment. "I didn't hear you come in."

Theo chuckled, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "We can see that," he teased, nodding towards the window.

Arie followed his gaze, her cheeks flushing slightly as she realized what they had seen. But before she could respond, Stormy spoke up, her voice gentle yet filled with warmth.

"It's okay, Arie," she said, placing a comforting hand on her sister's shoulder. "We know how you feel about Sky."

Arie's eyes widened in surprise, her heart skipping a beat at the unexpected revelation. "You do?" she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper.

Stormy nodded, a knowing smile playing at the corners of her lips. "And so does Theo," she added, nodding towards her boyfriend.

Theo grinned, his eyes alight with mischief. "Yeah, I've known since the day Sky came home with stars in his eyes and a goofy grin on his face," he admitted, his voice filled with fondness. "He's had a crush on you since the moment he laid eyes on you."

Arie felt her cheeks flush with warmth, her heart pounding in her chest as she processed Theo's words. For years, she had hidden her own feelings, burying them deep within the recesses of her heart. But now, as the rain continued to fall outside, she realized that perhaps it was time to embrace the truth—and the possibility of a love that had been waiting patiently in the wings.