Chapter 34

As Arie stepped into Sky's house the next morning, her heart fluttered with anticipation, eager to spend more time with him after their long-awaited reunion. However, her excitement faltered slightly when she noticed Jazz's hand resting casually on Sky's shoulder. Suppressing any twinge of jealousy, Arie greeted them both with a warm smile as Sky ushered her inside.

For the next few hours, Arie and Sky immersed themselves in conversation, catching up on the time they had spent apart. Arie couldn't resist expressing her longing for him, urging him not to leave again and insisting that she would join him at his college next year so they could be together.

Just as Sky began to respond, Jazz interjected with a laugh, deriding Arie's decision to follow Sky to college. "How dumb is that! For someone who is not even yours" Jazz exclaimed, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

Undeterred, Arie calmly brushed off Jazz's remarks, asserting her own reasons for wanting to attend the college. "Nah girl, I always wanted to go there as it's my dream," she replied confidently. "And now as Sky is also there, that's a cherry on top. And what do you mean by 'who is not really mine'? He is mine and mine only forever. Aren't you?"

Sky's eyes softened as he pulled Arie closer to him, reaffirming their bond. "Of course, bae," he whispered, his voice filled with sincerity. Then, with a pointed glance at Jazz, he added, "Be grateful and shut up. It won't be good if I get furious because you said something about my Arie."

After Sky's reassuring words, Jazz retorted with a hint of condescension, "Calm down, dear boy. I'm not bullying her."

Arie, maintaining her composure, calmly suggested, "Why don't you give us some alone time?" She attempted to conceal her irritation, knowing Sky's preference for peace.

However, Jazz seemed oblivious to Arie's request as she reclined on Sky's bed, engrossed in her phone. Her effortless grace and beauty exuded an aura of confidence that made Arie feel insecure about her own appearance. Despite her best efforts to appear composed, Arie couldn't shake the nagging fear that she didn't measure up to the stunning girls who seemed to surround Sky.