Chapter 32 Theater Trouble

Y/n's pov

A couple months later, it was tech week for the musical. I was pretty scared and so was Genya. The play was definitely not prepared.

We were blocking the last couple scenes and stuff when Prince Charming finds out I'm Cinderella after the shoe was fit to me. They were doing that scene and Uzui..... well Uzui was making some changes to the script.

"Alright so I want those mice to stand in the background....... And...... let's just make you guys super body- builder -like mice."

Tanjiro sits there for a moment.

"Why?"

"Because it's flashy! Now do it! Act like bodybuilder mice!"

Tanjiro, Kotetsu and Rui hesitantly start flexing, trying to act like bodybuilders if they were mice, whatever that means.

Then he looked at me and Genya.

"Alright, and you two are gonna kiss and-"

"What!?" Genya looks terrified.

Uzui looks annoyed, "it's Cinderella, what do you expect?"

Genya was shaking, turning red. Zenitsu was also shaking....... With anger.

"So yeah yeah, yada yada yada." Uzui continues, "and then, y/n, you're gonna need to do a quick change into your wedding dress for the last scene."

Everyone looks confused but me.

Zenitsu raised his hand. "What's a quick change?"

Uzui rolls his eyes and I explain.

"It's when you change costumes really quick."

"How quick?"

I paused and Uzui interrupted.

"Like so fast, she's gonna have to run backstage and strip and get the dress on in like 10 seconds and be back onstage."

Genya and Zenitsu look at each other.

"So like...... she's gonna be...... down to her underwear...... in front of everyone?"

"Everyone backstage." Uzui shrugs, "but you're comfortable with that, right y/n?"

I nod my head, "yeah."

"I'm not." Zenitsu mumbles to himself.

"Well, anyway." Uzui says , "for the wedding, I was thinking of putting real fireworks in the background."

They continued to block the show before saying, "alright, get into costumes and we'll run some stuff."

We nod our heads and go get into some costumes and make sure they fit. I was told to try on my dirty maid Cinderella costume for now. Genya only had the one Prince suit with golden tassels on the sleeves and Shinobu had a nice poofy dress. Zenitsu had the cutest outfit though!

He had a navy suit with one of those suit tails and a monocle and pocket watch. The mice looked ridiculous and Sabito..... looked.... Kingly.

I saw Zenitsu staring at me longingly. Damn, I bet he wished he was Prince Charming really bad right now. Poor guy.

Once we were all in costume, we walked onto the stage to run some scenes in them. He wanted to practice the scene that we just blocked, the scene where the Prince and I reunited.

Inosuke was in the background of this scene with Muichiro and Yuichiro. It was hilarious to see them all in dresses, especially Inosuke.

First the sisters tried to put on the shoe, just for it to not work of course, and then Zenitsu tried to fit it to my foot. I could tell this was Zenitsu's favorite part since he blushes every time at this part. Obviously, the shoe fits.