Chapter 42 A New Chapter

(Y/n's POV)

Damn....... It's been...... 3 years since I left Kimetsu Academy. I started going to an all girl school for my last 3 years of high school. After I graduated, my dad chilled out about the whole boy thing. He realized that I wasn't a little girl anymore. I'm an adult now that can make adult decisions.

Just recently, I moved into my own apartment with my roommate, Mitsuri. She's super sweet and pays the rent on time. We have a job at the same coffee shop but with different shifts. She starts in the morning through afternoon and I start afternoon through night. I'll just have to change my hours slightly when I start college.

I haven't really been into dating anyone at all. I mean, I'm pretty content being by myself at the moment so why would I want that? I also have a shift with a girl I used to go to school with, Ume. I mean, we used to hate each other but once you try really really hard to like her, she's not that bad. She says a lot of things that I wish I could say to people.

So here I am, starting my very own new story after the last story just ended.

The sunlight of the early morning kisses my skin and stings my eyes as I stretch. God, I really don't feel like getting up today. I sigh and yawn and look at my phone. Only 8 a.m....... I can go back to sleep-

"Meow."

What the hell? I must be hearing things. Animals aren't allowed in our apartment-

"Meow."

No way....... What could be making that sound.... Don't tell me....

I quickly get up, stretch and peek out the door of my room. There was Mitsuri holding a wet cardboard box.

"Meow"

The noise came again but more whiny.

"Mitsuri? What's that noise?"

Mitsuri looks my way, "oh, y/n......, I uh...... brought home a kitty!"

I yawn, "Mitsuri, we talked about this. Our apartment doesn't allow animals."

She pouted, "I know.... But look how adorable he is and he's just a little thing! He looks like a runt! Besides, he was out in the rain! I couldn't let him be all hungry and cold!"

She started looking at me with her wide eyes like she was a puppy or something. I sigh. Mitsuri Mitsuri....... Her heart is too big for her own good..... she can't say no to anyone....

I groan in frustration, "fine, but I don't want any part of it and if you get caught, it's your fault."

She runs up and hugs me, "oh thank you thank you y/n! I promise I won't get caught!"

"Okay, alright, you're covered in rain.... Also, aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"Oh! Well..... I took the day off once I found the kitty...... so I was gonna ask you to cover my shift?"

"Are you kidding me Mitsuri?"

"PLEASE!!!"

We, there goes my break..... that's when I realized.... Not only is Mitsuri's heart too big but so is mine.... My heart is way too big for my own good......

So Mitsuri happily took the small kitty with blue eyes that she named "Pacifier" to her room and gave it's flea treatment while I went to my room to get ready for work.

One thing that I really like about having this apartment is that I can decorate however I want. I really love my room.

I have a very simple room with a normal full size bed with sky blue bedding and a big tan teddy bear in the corner. There's a beautiful picture of a flower bouquet above my bed frame. I have a dresser too with a boar mask that I keep on top of it and a couple group photos of the Kimetsu Academy class next to it. I also have a full body mirror in the other corner.