Prologue

The day Aegon declared himself king of Westeros was the day that any semblance of unity finally formed among The Warring Kingdoms of Westeros. House Gardener, King of The Reach, and House Lannister, King of The Westerlands set aside generations-old rivalry to form The Iron Fist. A formidable army of 6000 strong consisting of knights, levies, and archers.

Meanwhile, House Stark, King of The North united all the other houses in the vast North under one banner to march South of The Neck. No more rebellions by House Boltons against The Starks and no more marginalizing House Manderly and their Andals ancestry. These alliances were all formed to strike House Targaryen down. For their pride was scarred when he declared himself king and so now they all fight to preserve their independence.

Every single one of the kings and their kingdoms chose to fight without hesitation...

Except for Gondor.

Isildur, The King of Gondor, saw wisdom in befriending the heirs of Old Valyria. After all, they share the similar fate of surviving their ancestor's doom. The Numenoreans fled their sinking island and settled at the Red Lake. The Valyrians fled their peninsula and settled on the Island Of Dragonstone. Sharing their knowledge from both ancient empires could propel both families into a new age of glory.

A missive was sent to Dragonstone, inviting Aegon, Visenya, and Rhaenys to The White City. Isildur expressed his interest in discussing the situation of Aegon's kingship and the possible alliance between them both. Not much information was disclosed in his letter to the Targaryens, stating that the House of Elros would like to converse in person.

[ 𝙰𝚎𝚐𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝 // 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎 ]

The Sun illuminates the interior of The Chamber of The Painted Table, showering the room with its light. Inside the chamber sat Aegon at the head of the table. The would-be conquerer and his sister-wives were pondering on the letter that they recently received.

"What are you going to do, my love?" Rhaenys placed her hand on the shoulder of Aegon.

Aegon grabbed her hand and kissed it gently, smiling at her softly. "I'm not sure how to respond to this Rhaenys. We know very little about these 'Gondorians' and their abilities to battle and govern. What are your thoughts on this, Visenya?" He turned his gaze towards her.

"I say we answer their call with Fire and Blood. We can't trust our safety inside their city. Treachery runs deep through these lands and I believe they are the same as the other. Let me fly Vhagar, brother, and raze their city in Fire and Blood." Visenya answered coldly, her eyes narrowing upon the suspicious letter.

Rhaenys sighed. "So cruel of you Visenya."

"We are dragons, sister. We don't need to answer anyone, least of all these Westerosi. They are below us." Visenya shook her head.

As the sisters continued their debate, Aegon sat quietly, thinking of a decision to make. Visenya's words were true. He shouldn't trust everything written on a piece of parchment. It could all be a plot to cut off his conquest before it even started. However, what Rhaenys said was also true. It is cruel to kill them. The Gondorians extended an arm of goodwill towards him when they could insult him like that oaf, Argilac. But again, it could all be a ruse to lower his guard. Such difficult decisions to make.

"I concede Visenya. It seems you have made me see the reason behind your decision." Rhaenys shook her head at their antiques.

"I'm always right sister," Visenya said with a triumphant smirk.

"It seems that Rhaenys also trusts your decision on this matter Visenya." Aegon glanced outside the chamber. His eyes trailed West toward his newly built Aegonfort after the victories against House Darklyn and House Mooton.