Chp 1 : Rebirth And Repentance

"Haghhh!!" Her eyes fluttered open, and her chest was heaving as she gasped for air. She quickly sat up and felt her body for any mutilations and injuries. However, she was left confused when she felt all her limbs intact and not scorched by dragon fire.

In her confusion, she took a look at her surroundings and found that she was no longer on Dragonstone. The place she was at was nothing like she had ever seen. White marble pillars stretched from the ground to high into the sky. So high in fact, that she could not see the top of it as it was covered by a mysterious mist. The floor she lay on was also something to behold. It was no tiles of marble or bricks of stone. The floor she was sitting on was nothing but air. Yet she did not feel herself falling through the air, the very air she sat on was solid and transparent. The marble pillars also stretched so far beneath her, that she could not see the base of it. All of this magical sight bombarding her at once only left her with confusion. "What the fuck?" She said to herself.

She stood up and scanned her surroundings but found that it was all the same. Pillars upon pillars of marble with solid air as its flooring ranging to the horizons. "Where the fuck am I?"

She held her head in pain and grimaced as images flashed by. By the Old Gods of Valyria. She was killed!! By her own half-brother's dragon! With her son hopelessly watching no less! When it had sat in her mind, she started to gasp for air once more. Panic was all she could feel. The pain, oh the pain was immeasurable. Her skin scorched, her bones burned, and her flesh feasted upon the dragon. She could feel every single sensation of her death. So she cried her heart out. Her tears burned her skin and her cries of pain came out loudly as if a dragon roared.

She didn't know how long she cried, how long she suffered. Was this her punishment? Her punishment for wanting what was rightfully hers. If so then she will face it with dragon's might as she believed her actions were righteous.

"I am Queen Rhaenyra of House Targaryen." She kept reminding herself as she walked aimlessly in the halls. Her bones creaked with each step, and her muscles ached with every inch she moved. Her suffering was not limited to physical torture for her mind was also in turmoil by guilt and worry. Screams of the dead echoed inside her. She doesn't even know whose scream it belongs to but it haunts all the same.

For eternity she faced her cruel fate. Endlessly walking to nowhere while she was tortured body and mind...

‎‧₊˚✧✧˚₊‧

Her infinite steps were stopped when a blinding light appeared before her eyes. Her knees buckled and she knelt and groveled at the light. Her tears freely flowed down her cheeks once more as she cried and pleaded for forgiveness.

"Forgive me, Gods! Forgive this worthless woman of her sin! Forgive this queen of her cruelty! Forgive this mother for her mistake!" Anguish laced her voice as she continued her begging. However, despair started to creep into her heart when she watched the light fade with no answer.

"No!!! No!! Please Gods! Please forgive me! Please..."

A hand gently rests on her shoulder and a soft voice whispers in her ear. Bringing forth warmth and hope once more to the broken woman. "Come, young Rhaenyra. Come back to the light. Follow the light. Follow me young Rhaenyra."

She held the hand of the savior tightly with her eyes closed. Trusting her savior to bring her the salvation she needed. Not long after, she was laid down on a soft heavenly bed to rest. The eternity of pain inflicted upon her was finally healed and relief finally washed over her.

When she finally opened her eyes, she woke up to see the face of her savior. He was old, to say the least. His skin was wrinkly, his hair was white which showed his age yet the air around him seemed to be far older than he appeared. He has this comforting aura that helped put her mind at ease. The old man turned to face her and smiled comfortingly. "How are you feeling now, young Rhaenyra?" He asked.