Chp 3 : Welcome To King's Landing

[ 262 𝙰𝙲 // 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 ]

‎➴ ➵ ✧[ 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑙 𝑆𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑠𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑]✧➵ ➶

"Gandalf, isn't this a bit fancy for a sellsword to wear?" Aragorn said as he checked the outfit that Gandalf gave him. Styling a maroon jerkin over a white tunic, the jerkin was decorated with metal beads to add some texture. To complete the outfit, Aragorn fashioned a brown leather belt to tie his sword to his hip and secure his maroon trousers, a pair of gloves, and leather boots.

"Nonsense, my friend! I dare say you look fit to mingle with the nobles." Gandalf waved off his friend's worry.

"Now don't fuss so much about your clothes. If anyone asks about you or your appearance, I shall handle it." Gandalf beckoned Aragorn to follow him into The Red Keep.

For the first time in his life, Aragorn entered the crown jewel of King's Landing, The Red Keep. It was said that after Aegon defeated Isildur, he built his castle of red rock to remind the people of the fire in which he roasted his enemies so that whenever King's Landing looked up, they would see the price of defiance. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝. Despite the so-called magnificence of Westeron architecture, it still couldn't overshadow the beauty of Gondor. The ancient city constructed of pristine white marble bricks gave the city a divine aura to it. Meanwhile, the foundation of red bricks and tightly packed buildings sets a very industrial feel to the city. Although he admits that his opinion may be a bit biased.

"I expected more to be honest from The Red Keep. Merchants from The Crownlands often compare Annuminas to The Red Keep." Aragorn said while walking next to Gandalf.

"In their defense Aragorn, none could ever compare to Numenorean engineering. Especially in terms of artistic value."

"Not even those in the far East and South?"

"My friend, even Old Valyria at the height of their power pales in comparison to Gondor."

Aragorn gave a questioning look. "You speak as if you've been there." Gandalf smiled mysteriously in response, giving his usual vague answers to him.

‎[ 262 𝙰𝙲 // 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙 ]

"Lord Gandalf The White and his companion." Their arrival was announced. Gandalf smiled and waved at the people who recognized him. Aragorn on the other hand stood awkwardly as the nobles ignored him to talk to his friend.

"Oh yes-yes, it's nice to meet you all. Now could you all please give this old man some room to breathe." Gandalf tried to tell them, but to no avail, as he was practically drowned in a sea of people. Aragorn shook his head and smiled seeing his friend's predicament. He left Gandalf to go and get some drinks.

"Now that is a face I haven't seen before. And I remember those who came to the king's court often." Aragorn looked to his side as he took a drink. It was a woman who looked slightly older than him that came to approach him. She has fair skin and wavy brown hair. Her dress was olive green embroidered with golden thread fashioned in the shape of flowers.