C H A P T E R 6 / Time Skip

Marianne's POV

Robin and I have been stuck down here for God knows how long, and we still haven't found a single way out. Robin has attempted to run out through the door to the basement, but that didn't end well. Robin ended up getting beaten with a belt by The Grabber, and I was forced to sit down in the basement and listen to his agonising screams of help. I felt so useless when that happened. I felt like I could've done something to help, but I couldn't. Robin insisted that I stay down in the basement as he gets punished for what he's done, and The Grabber seemed very happy to hear that. I am now currently pacing around the room, trying to think of any other ways that we could get out. Robin was still recovering from the beatings as he laid on the mattress, my jacket draped over his cold figure. I felt like if I didn't think of a way to get out of here today, I would end up getting both of us killed. My brain was empty, dead, unable to function. I sighed to myself and approached the wall, my back hitting the cold concrete barrier. I slid down the wall until I hit the floor, my head in my hands. The sun from the window shone over my body as I tried to think of any possible plan to escape. I stared out the window of the basement, my eyes suddenly moving to the black phone that sat on the wall.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, calling myself stupid for thinking that that phone would ever work. I ran my fingers through my hair as I shut my eyes, my hands rubbing the back of my neck. I got up from where I was sitting and walked into the bathroom, pulling the switch to turn the light on. As I stared at the empty room, my eye landed on a small crack that separated the floor from the wall. I furrowed my brows and walked towards it, bending down to have a look at it. I stuck my two fingers under the crack and had a little feel around, spider webs and little bugs surrounding my fingers. Just as I thought there was nothing there, I felt a long cable. My eyes widened as I picked at the cable until I could grab it, pulling it out. It was a fairly long cable that looked like it was able to reach the window.

Then, an idea came into my head. I grabbed the cable and walked out of the bathroom, coming back into the main space. I approached the window and tried to thread it through, only for the cable to fall back into my hands. I sighed and decided that I would do a run up. I stepped back and ran towards the window, jumping up and managing to get the cable through. I breathed heavily as I pulled on the cable making sure that the cover to the window could hold my weight, once I was certain, I began to tie the ends of the cable into a knot. I breathed in and out of my mouth before jumping onto the cable, pulling myself up. I reached my hand up and began to untie the lock. I struggled for a little until the window unlocked, making me sigh in relief as I dropped back down onto the floor. I breathed rapidly as I looked down at my sore hands.

My face scrunched up into that of pain before I looked over at Robin. I walked over to him and laid next to him. I breathed out a sigh of exhaustion as I felt my eyes closing. I was about to drift off when I felt the weight beside me shift. I looked down and saw that Robin had sat up and was now sitting on the edge of the bed. He looked like he was still in pain. I furrowed my brows and moved behind Robin, rubbing his back to comfort him, only for Robin to flinch away from my touch. "Robin? Are you okay?" I asked as I moved myself to sit beside him. I moved his hair out of his face as he flinched again. I heard him sigh and I immediately knew why he was behaving this way. It was the scars and bruises from the most recent night when he had gotten beaten by The Grabber was why he was flinching.

I sighed and placed my hand onto his thigh, rubbing the spot. This made Robin look up at me and I could see the pain in his eyes. "Can I...have a look?" I asked in a quiet tone as I looked into Robin's eyes. I could tell that he hesitated at first, but he agreed anyway. I gave him an assuring smile as I turned his back towards me, slowly taking off his shirt to reveal many slashes that looked to have belonged to The Grabbers belt. I felt sympathetic for Robin seeing what he had to go through for what felt like forever. I slowly and gently ran my fingers over the marks as Robin hissed. I looked over at the still uneaten tray of food and I had an idea in my head. I got up from my spot and grabbed the water bottle from my tray and came back to Robin. I sat behind Robin and ripped the hem of my tank off, causing Robin to turn his head to look at me. "What are you doing?" Robin asked, but I didn't reply. I patted Robin on the shoulder before telling him what I was doing. He looked hesitant once more, but followed along with my plan.