4

4 months later

"Yes, I'm almost at the Arena," I said excitedly as the taxi driver stopped at a red light. "Okay, listen, when you get there, you go to the back and tell the security guys at the door your name. They know you're coming, and they will bring you to me," Felix explained. Stray Kids were playing a concert in London today, and it was my chance to see Felix for the first time in months.

We had FaceTimed almost every day, and it was terrible not being able to see him. "Got it," I said, nodding once. "Hey, Em!" Han said as he appeared next to Felix in the frame. I grinned at him. Over the past few months, Felix's friends had often interrupted our phone calls, and it was almost as if they were my friends too by now. "Hey, Han! How are you?" I asked. He grinned back.

"Fine. When will you be here? We're dying to finally meet you in person! We need to see the girl that is driving Felix crazy!" he said. Felix blushed next to him and shoved him out of the frame, which was only met with a loud groan of pain. "Is he okay?" I asked, concerned. I tried not to dwell on the fact that he had said I was driving Felix crazy because clearly, he was driving me crazy too. "He hit his knee on the table, and now he is running away from me," Felix said. The whole phone shook as he ran around with it. I laughed. "Anyway, see you in a few," I said and hung up.

***

I walked along the long corridor, a man in a yellow security jacket walking ahead of me. I could already hear the screams echoing down the hallway. "Are they always that loud?" the security guy asked. I giggled. "Oh, believe me, that isn't loud if you have to spend time with them," I replied. "So is one of them your boyfriend, or why are you here?" he asked curiously. "No boyfriend. Just a best friend," I said, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

"They're in there. Good luck; they really are worse than a kindergarten," the man said, pointing to the door ahead of us. "Thanks," I said and opened the door cautiously. The guys were in the middle of loudly arguing in Korean. So loud that they didn't even notice me walk in. Felix was the first to spot me. He immediately stood up and pulled me into a warm hug.

I started laughing as he lifted me up a bit and twirled me around. "You're here!" he said happily, burying his face in my hair. I wrapped my arms tighter around him and pressed my face into his chest. "I missed you so much; you can't believe it!" I said happily. "Felix, let her go; I wanna say hello too!" said a voice behind Felix. Reluctantly, I let go and looked into seven new faces, all of whom I had seen before. Not a second later, I was engulfed in a group hug. I laughed.

"Guys, she can't breathe!" Felix said worriedly. "Shut up. We won't break your girlfriend," Hyunjin said. I ignored the fact that he called me Felix's girlfriend. A woman with a headset stuck her head through the door. "Guys, time for soundcheck; come on," she said and disappeared again. One by one, the guys let go of me and trudged out of the door. "Come on; you can watch," Felix said, grinning. He placed a hand on the small of my back and gently pushed me forward.

I smiled to myself. It was even better than last time. Last time it already felt like he was taking over my thoughts, but this time, it was almost as if I forgot how to walk. I smiled as his hand slipped into mine and looked up at him. He looked shyly at me, but as soon as he saw my smile, he returned it immediately. Lee Know turned around briefly and started grinning when he saw our hands. He grabbed Seungmin's shoulder and pointed at us. Seungmin turned around too and started grinning.

Soon it spread through the group. I looked down embarrassedly. "Just ignore them. They'll eventually get bored," Felix laughed. The guys had to do their soundcheck one by one. I stood around feeling a bit lost as Felix left me standing next to the stage, but Bangchan stepped up next to me. "Seen a soundcheck before?" he asked. "Yeah, my friend Olivia is a singer. But I've never seen one with so many people," I replied, grinning up at him.

"Oh yeah! I saw a picture of you two on Instagram! I love Olivia Rodrigo!" Chan said excitedly. "Yeah, she's very nice," I said, smiling. Felix tested his microphone with a few disjointed sounds. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him. "You know, he was so nervous for you to come here," Chan said. I looked at him, confused. "Nervous? Why?" I asked, surprised. But not gonna lie. I was a nerv bundle too.

"He really likes you, Em," Chan said. I pressed my lips together. Of course I knew that he kind of had to like me. He wouldn't call me every day if he didn't, and I wasn't stupid. But hearing it from someone made my heart race. "Well, I really like him too," I muttered. "Maybe you two should talk," Chan suggested. I sighed. "It would make things complicated," I whispered. "But maybe it would make other things a lot easier," he said. I shook my head.

"First of all, there are 5500 miles between us. Second of all, boyband fans are really protective, and I'm kinda scared. And third of all, I'm scared that he will give up too much just to be with me. He is too good for me after all," I whispered softly. "Well, I would say you both travel very much, and there will be occasions when you can meet a lot more than you think. And second of all, I can't think of anyone better than you for him. You are like the same person. And we deal with the fans. I mean, they will find out eventually, but I think most of them will be supportive. Only a handful will hate it, but they aren't really fans," he replied. I took a deep breath. "Maybe I can talk to him after all. After your concert," I murmured. I felt my hopes rising, and I was hella scared that they would get crushed.