Episode 1: You're in Middle School, Charlie Brown!

3 years have passed ever since the Peanuts gang had visited Australia, Japan and Canada, and 2 years after Charlie Brown and Lucy had buried the hatchet, everyone was less their usual selves, and ever since graduating from Birchwood Elementary School, our gang have improved from their usual selves. Charlie Brown had been succeeding at sports, but still made the occasional flukes.

Now, Charlie Brown, and everyone else around his age, are in Junior High. Linus, due to his knowledge, was skipped two grades. Janice, due to her knowledge about cancer and other life-threatening diseases, was also skipped 2 grades.

One day, on the last day of summer vacation, Charlie Brown passed the school he and his long-time friends would be attending.

"There it is." He said. "Sparkyville Middle School."
Then, Charlie Brown started to think about all the hard subjects he'd done back in elementary school, like the book reports he had to do on War and Peace.

"Oh no!" he thought. "I know middle school will torture me even worse!"
Charlie Brown worried all the way home. Sally was playing patty cake with Wally.

"Oh. Hi, Big Brother." Said Sally.

But Charlie Brown didn't respond.

"What's wrong, Big Brother?" Sally asked again.

"School comes back tomorrow, and it's going to be even more challenging for me. Older students, even more homework." Charlie Brown answered.
"Well, I, for one, am attending fifth grade." Said Sally.

"That's different, Sally." Said Charlie Brown. "It'll be tougher for me because.... I'm in middle school!"

The next day, the summer vacation was over, and it was time for all the kids to go back to school. Charlie Brown was preparing Snoopy's breakfast.

"Charlie!" called Joyce, his mother. "Get ready!"
"Just gotta feed Snoopy." Said Charlie Brown.

Then he turned to Snoopy.

"You be a good boy while I endure my first day at middle school."

Charlie Brown went back inside to get his gear, and because Clarence, the Browns' father, was at work, Charlie Brown and Sally stood right in front of their mother.

"I don't believe it!" Joyce sobbed joyfully. "My baby boy in middle school now!"

Joyce hugged Charlie Brown, sad that he was growing up.

"Come on, Big Brother. We're gonna miss the bus." Sally said.

"You be a good girl in fifth grade, Sally." Said Joyce, turning to her daughter.

Charlie and Sally Brown both plucked up confidence, and made their way to the bus stop. Sally's bus didn't come until after Charlie Brown's, so she had it a bit easier.

When the Brown siblings made it to the bus stop, there, already there, were Lucy, Linus and Rerun. Lucy wasn't dressed in her trademark blue dress. She was wearing an elegant red dress. Linus was wearing a blue striped shirt instead of his red one.

"Hi, Lucy! Linus! Rerun!" said Charlie Brown.

"Good morning, Charlie Brown." Said Linus.

"Are you looking forward to middle school, Charlie Brown?" asked Lucy confidently.

"Er..... I'm.... a bit nervous." Said Charlie Brown. "It's going to be even more of a challenge than elementary school."
"Since you're going to middle school, Linus, I'm just going to wait for my sweet babboo." Said Sally.

"I am NOT your sweet babboo!" Linus said with frustration, remembering how Sally would call him that all the time. "And I'm already here!"

"Not you!" Sally retorted, having finally stopped calling Linus that.