Chapter 48

(We getting into the FLUFFY shit now, y'all. Brace yourselves!)

Feet thumped atop the rooftop, and Jack cringed at the weird angle his food landed, but didn't let it get to him. He glided along the rooftops, jumping along with ease, watching as Penguin's men took a wrong turn. One of them face planted into the rooftop fire exit, which startled the other to a stop. "Jeff, come on! He's gaining on us!"

"Through here, Dave!" The man attempted to open the door, and Jack took that as his opportunity to make a grand entrance. "Wait, where did he go?" They both surveillanced around them, and when they could find him, began to worry. "Did we loose him?" "Doubt it, he was right behind us"

Jack stifled a giggle, as he snuck behind the two. He waited for them to turn, before he grinned. "Boo!" Using just enough forced to knock them out and not truly hurt them, he slammed their heads together, watching as they both fell to the floor. He used a small zip lock to tie their wrists and ankles together, before calling Gordon. "Hey, I have two of Penguin's men here waiting for questioning. You think you can collect them? I gotta get to that Vicki Vale interview."

Gordon's voice crackled to life, and he could hear the approval in his voice as he spoke. "I'll have Montoya out there. You're doing great, Jack. Though, ten minuets until the interview. You think you'll make it?"

Jack giggled, as he began to run back the way he came. "If not, I'll just have to be fashionably late"

~~~

Jack was used to high jacking radio stations, but to be actually invited on one was a whole new experience. He was rather nervous, as the crew ushered him onto set. "Vicki"

"Jack. I have to say, I didn't think the day would ever come where I would be inviting you onto my show" The woman spoke, and Jack couldn't help but feel a little at ease with her. Vicki wasn't all to bad, rather interesting actually. Always running into danger with her reports, looking for the latest and true gossip of Gotham city. "Me neither"

"I had Gordon send out the questions I was going to ask you, though we may begin to improvise a little. You alright with that?"

Jack nodded, as they took seats opposite eachother. He had to note, the chair was rather comfortable. He felt less nervous, now that he felt comfortable enough to put on a show. 

"We are live, in five, four, three..." He heard someone from the camera crew speak, and he took in a deep breath to collect his thoughts. He left an easy smile upon his cheeks, before Vicki began to introduce herself.

"You're here with Vicki Vale, on the Vicki Vale Late Night show, and I am here with Jack Napier, the reformed Joker and previous clown prince of crime in Gotham city. Tell me, Jack, how this whole reformation began" She spoke directly, easily, and he found it hard to deny her, not like he was going to.

He sugar-coated the details a whole lot, but began to speak. "It started during a bank heist, actually. I had been planning to fight off-against the bat, and next thing I knew I had been kidnapped by Two-Face." He told the story, putting it extremely lightly, not mentioning the actual methods of torture. "That was a big part in my choice to reform. I had realized just what effect I had on those I had hurt and killed in the past. But my main reason, was the Wayne family"

"The Wayne Family?" Vicki asked, inviting Jack to continue. "Bruce Wayne and Batman have a contract, ya see. Batsy can't get his fancy gizmo's from just anywhere. No, Bruce Wayne funds him. After my escape from Two-Face, Arkham wasn't safe. It would have been the first place he would have looked for me, so Batman proposed to have me hide in Wayne Manor. I got to....genuinely meet the family I was staying with, their kindness and their acceptance. I learned to...love, I guess. Learned to love a family I didn't deserve to be accepted by. They took me in like I wasn't a wanted criminal, like I hadn't killed thousands. Forgave me, acknowledged my differences. That's the true reason I reformed. I love them. Learned to love them properly through my reformation. They are my family, and I wouldn't ever go back to the villain days if it meant I had to loose them"