Driven Rivalries. 3k

Summary:

Oscar and Carlos rivalry, nothing new. Except Lando is stuck in the middle, one is his friend, the other is his teammate that he might have a slight crush on.

________

Oscar Piastri was a talented, really skilled and gifted person, he was generous, kind hearted, funny, humble, a great son, brother and a great friend. Everyone could see it, he was always responsible after his mistakes, fully took accountability of his actions, that's why most people loved him as a driver and as a person in general.

Carlos Sainz on the other hand was the complete opposite, he always blamed the people around him, never took accountability of his actions and for some reason had a fucking problem with Oscar.

It all started with a race incident, where Carlos hit Oscar and they both had to dnf, everything was tolerable, until Carlos had to go out of his way and blame Oscar for it, while the Australian was nothing but nice and professional while talking about the whole accident.

So basically Carlos got his head bitten off that day by twitter, and almost all of the formula 1 community, because again everyone loved Oscar.

So after that happened and after Carlos pr team had an absolute stroke, Oscar decided to move on and just forget about it all, and to just basically avoid Carlos as much as he could.

Until it happened again, again, and again...

Carlos had hit him and almost hit him way too many times, by then it started getting suspicious, and of course whenever Carlos would hit him, he would blame it on Oscar...

Oscar decided no to speak on it, the radios were already a clear message, so the fans started calling it a rivalry basically.

Another problem was the fact that Lando Norris, Oscar's current teammate and a friend, was great friends with Carlos and they were ex teammates too.

It made Oscar's life a tad bit more difficult, or a lot to say the least. Because Lando would mention Carlos a lot to Oscar, as if both of the guys literally didn't hate each other, it was like Lando was trying to act as if nothing happened, as if Carlos is not like 20 seconds from "accidentally" murdering Oscar.

Sometimes it made Oscar a bit insecure, Lando talked about Carlos with a glint in his eyes and a huge smile, almost like Oscar did about Lando, because first teammates always stay the favorites afterall.

It would usually be about golfing, or clubbing with the spaniard, and well...Oscar hated both of those things, he'd rather stay at his hotel room and watch a movie, or sleep. So he felt like a boring teammate, maybe he even was, Lando probably just didn't have the heart to say it out loud.

Oscar frowned thinking about it.

So yeah, Carlos hated Oscar, Oscar hated Carlos and they both liked Lando, fantastic. Lando was of course neutral to the whole situation, after the first collision with Carlos he patted Oscar on the back and smiled sympathetically, Oscar almost thought that Lando was going to be on his side, until he walked over to Carlos right after that and they both started laughing about something.

It made Oscar's heart clench in an uncomfortable way. But of course he had to ignore it and move on, Carlos was Lando's first. He kept reminding himself, Lando will always be on Carlos' side.

One time there was sort of an exception, when Carlos had impeded Oscar, climbed out of his car after the free practice session and started attacking Oscar.

"The fuck is your problem?!" Carlos yelled at Oscar, walking up to him.

Oscar was drinking water at that moment, he really wanted to roll his eyes, he didn't.