You're my only compass, i might get lost without you. 3k

Summary:

Lando sends Oscar a song that reminds him of them, Oscar brushes it off as some kind of Lando joke, boy was he wrong.

Or: a fic that i wrote about landoscar while listening to the song Compass by the neighbourhood on repeat :)

________

Lando Norris> https://spotify.link/ABTFzjHHGDb

Lando Norris> this is literally our song

Oscar stared at his phone screen, apparently Lando had sent him a spotify link to a song, he rolled his eyes. It's probably going to be some joke, like one of cupcakKes songs, do not ask Oscar how he even knows about that singer.

He clicked on the link nonetheless. What surprised him most, was the fact that it wasn't a cupcakKe song, it was a song called "Compass" by the neighbourhood. Oscar has heard of the band before, he obviously knew some of their songs, the most popular ones at least. This one he hasn't heard of, he pressed play.

If I don't have you with me, I'm alone
You know I never know which way to go
I think I need you with me for all-time
When I need new direction for my mind

Is Lando saying that he's the one who needs Oscar, or the other way around? Oscar just shrugged.

You listen to my lectures on the phone
You help me find the treasure in the hole
You'll tell me if I'm acting like a fool
I know that you're not something to lose, now

Hm, Oscar and Lando barely talk on the phone, but whenever they do, Lando is always talking and he never shuts up and well, Oscar just listens. He shrugs it off again.

I've got something to confess
I keep you in my pocket to use
You're my only compass
I might get lost without you
(Could you tell me where to go?)

This awfully sounds like a love song, is it a love song? It's stupid, Oscar doesn't use Lando as a compass and neither does Lando, does he? Nah. Oscar shrugs it off again.

"Okay that's enough of that" Oscar thinks and swipes out of the app.

Oscar Piastri> ha very funny

Lando Norris> what? i'm not joking :)

Oscar Piastri> yeah okay

Lando Norris> it's a nice song, innit?

Oscar Piastri> i guess, didn't take you to be a sad song type of guy

Lando Norris> it's not sad

Oscar Piastri> eh

There was no more reply from Lando, Oscar brushed it off and went on with his day.

"Hey mate" Lando's voice rings out from behind, then there's a hand on Oscar's shoulder.

"Hello" they shake hands, the hand on Oscar's shoulder slowly drops.

"How's your week been? Ready for another race weekend?

"Eh, i guess. Kind of got sick sitting at home, even for a week only"

"See, when you don't got my company you're bored already" Lando playfully elbows him, smiling.

If i don't have you with me, i'm alone.

"Nah, it was actually nice, to get a break from you" Oscar joked.

"Ouch Oscar" Lando was grinning.

Oscar rolled his eyes.

"Ready for media day?"

"I hate media day"

"I know, we all do"