Chapter 20

Every single curse that you could find was running through your head right now. When Heeseung mentioned your car, it didn't register in your head that he was talking about the lie that you had made up. And now it was going to come hit you right back. 

---------------------

MESSAGES - Heeseung Lee

H: so your car is fine huh?

Y/N: its still broken actually

H: look to your right 

Y/N: could've told me you saw me already

Y/N: uhhh this is my friends car

H: ahhhhh that makes sense

H: sorry for doubting u 😔

Y/N: youre forgiven ahaha

H: ur friend has taste in cars btw

H: wouldnt expect anything less from them tho

H: everyone who knows u has immaculate taste

Y/N: why 😭

H: because they picked u 

Y/N: focus on the road lee heeseung

Y/N: wouldnt want you getting fined for being on your phone 💀

H: lmaoo

H: ill take to u later then 

---------------------

Ugh, how could I be so stupid? You thought to yourself. You'd somehow managed to pull yourself out of this one. But Heeseung would definitely know soon. There was no way you could keep up with this lie if you were forgetting about it so quickly. You looked over to your right again and saw Heeseung wave at you, a big smile plastered on his face. You waved back, but you could feel the sweat on your forehead from trying to maintain your lie. The traffic started moving, and the two of you went in opposite directions. Thank goodness. Now all you had to do was hope that you could keep yourself from getting caught. 

For the rest of the drive, you were almost on autopilot. You followed the directions that the navigation was giving you, but you were clouded with thoughts about Heeseung. Lying to him, for some reason, made you feel guilty. Even if you were doing it to hide how much you missed him, it made you feel terrible. But the last thing you were going to do was give yourself away. You somehow made it to your location safely, quickly grabbing your bag and walking into the building to meet up with your friend. 

---------------------

Heeseung walked into his office building with a huge smile on his face. His entire day had been made after seeing you. Even if you two didn't get a chance to talk, Heeseung felt so giddy on the inside. 

"What's with the massive smile on your face today?" A familiar voice called out from behind, causing Heeseung to turn around. 

"Ah, you're back! I couldn't find you yesterday," Heeseung said, waiting for Romeo to catch up with him. 

"Yeah, I had to drop my mum off at the airport. She's going to be in Italy for the next few months," Romeo replied, as the duo walked towards the elevator together. 

"Honestly wish that was me right now. I'm so fed up of working and I've barely been at this for even a year," Heeseung whispered while they entered the elevator. Heeseung pressed the button for their floor, and then the close button.