9: Halloween and Monsters

It was a few hours before curfew when Victoria found herself in her enchanted costume. She wore a resin breast plate that shimmered like white pearls. The breastplate covered her breasts as it was held up by strung pearls wrapped behind her back.

Her skirt was a thin fabric, knotted around the edges, hooked together by more pearls, a thin layer of pearlescent blue fabric present to conceal more skin. The skirts folded perfectly in place as she enchanted, looking like melting silk against her body.

Her hair was down and waved like beach waves as her hair was decorated with little shell clips and jewelry. Her face was dewey from a potion she took, making her skin seem wet and glass-resembled.

As she stepped off the boat, escorted by Xavier and palm-in-palm, she was amazed to see fairy lights hang from the trees, creating a path down the forest to where the party resided.

Xavier wore a black leather pirate suit with badges. He even had the pirate-looking hat to match it as his hair was tied back, making his shoulders look wider. One of his hands was replaced with a fake hook.

"Did I mention how ethereal you look tonight?" Xavier said cheekily as Victoria smiled with a pink face.

"Yes, several times."

To her, it seemed like the past four days of "hard work" seemed to have paid off. Though she still felt like a fish out of water as she saw the number of students and unrecognizable folk around her. She'd never been to an open invitation party before.

There were several types of creatures there. All including a group of girls dressed like mummies (though they were just barely wearing clothing), the typical wolf masks and red flannel shirts, the repeating ghostface masks, a group of friends dressed like fairies who could actually hover a few feet from the ground, along with a diverse range of costume choices. Even some normies had been at the party.

The party had a large campfire in the center, the dance floor surrounding it as logs were placed in a circle. A broken brick building was nearby with a disfigured brown piano rotting away as red plastic cups were stacked over it.

Victoria spotted Enid, who'd finally figured out what her costume was. Though Victoria herself was having a little hard time figuring out who she was supposed to be. Or what.

"I'm a disco diva!" Enid exclaimed happily, jumping in her roller skates that hovered a few inches above the ground. "Thanks again for the potions, neat trick!"

"You're welcome," Victoria said, unsure if it was really a good idea in the first place as Enid twirled inches above the ground in her sparkly pink and neon green pants. She looked beyond cute and Victoria thought it fit her personality. Enid suddenly came to a slow roll, approaching Victoria with awe.

"But oh. My. Gosh!" she gasped with a stern realization, her jaw dropping. "You look wonderful! And oh my gosh your skin, it looks like it's shining but not glittering like water! Such cute little jewels and your top, I see what you're doing! Oh!- and your hair, oh my gosh, you could pass for a mermaid anyday-"

She then paused with further realization. Her eyes dotted back and forth between Xavier with disbelief.

"Victoria!"

"What?" Victoria asked with a bubbly grin.

"Bianca's going to lose it," Enid whispered with a grin of her own. "She's dressed as a witch."

Sure enough, as Victoria turned her head around to see the group of girls, Bianca was wearing tailored purple rags with her makeup beautifully done, matching her cold eyes. The most magical thing about Bianca's costume was the cat formed out of water that followed her.