6: Bruises of Beauxbatons

"We did it, we won!" Enid exclaimed excitedly with the flag pole in her hand, along with Wednesday's and Victoria's. She jumped happily as she declared victory.

Victoria had installed a net and spear inside with the help of Thing's scientific knowledge.

"You know, for a hand, Thing's a pretty big brain," Victoria mumbled to Wednesday with a grin.

Wednesday nodded, barely listening and said, "I don't understand why you'd rather sit on the sidelines instead when I can tell you want nothing more than to join the crowd."

"I'm not a swimmer," Victoria said half-truthfully. Truth be told, she was afraid of the way she looked in the silly cat costume. Especially in front of Xavier, rather than the entire school. She doubted she was made for the event's appearance.

Wednesday seemed to shrug it off as she nodded slightly with the celebrations still going on. "I've got to give it to you though, the magical spear was brilliant."

"Thanks, Wednesday."

"Except next time, I'd enchant it to never miss its target."

- - - ᡣ𐭩 - - -

"Got any plans today?" Tyler's message read as Victoria grinned at her screen.

They've been talking more over text than through the phone, as she was too afraid to talk to him. He made her feel many nameless emotions, but she at least knew he was able to make her smile.

"Just some shopping in Jericho before my appointment with Kinbott," Victoria responded before shutting off her phone to leave her dorm.

"I suppose I might accidentally run into you today then."

She'd already been to Jericho that morning though, as she made her early run that morning at five in the morning–unbothered by the fact that there may have been a monster lurking in the woods responsible for the "animal attacks." She'd rather have reached her goal before dying than not reaching it at all.

But what was her goal? Where would it end?

As she stepped out of her dorm, looking more dressed this morning unlike other occasions. For the first time since she attended Beauxbatons, she found herself wearing a dress.

It was a lilac purple corset top with spaghetti straps (but she wore a knitted white cardigan over it) with two thin layers of fabric that reacted down a little past her knees. To match her cardigan, she wore leg warmers that were appropriate for the weather before putting on some tennis shoes.

Her dark hair was lightly waved and in two loose braids, trailing over her shoulders as she made her way for the exit of the school.

Some part of her hoped that she'd run into Tyler today.

Although she was meant to be going on a date with Xavier–she quickly attempted to brush Tyler off her mind.

"Does this look flattering?" Victoria asked jokingly, revealing an old wooly cardigan littered with what looked like cat fur to Xavier.

The both of them wandered in an old clothing thrift store. The store was located near Doctor Kinbott's and her appointment started in thirty more minutes so for the rest of their date, Xavier agreed on last minute shopping.

"Yes, very flattering if you're the child of Bigfoot," Xavier said with an amused grin.

It was ten minutes before her appointment when she decided on a selection of her things. A couple of cool-toned tops and a new pair of white dancing shoes–which she decided she would need for special occasions. Though she knew she wouldn't wear them as much as she thought she would. Though they were extravagant, they were beautiful with baby breath flowers embroidered on the white mesh of the top sole.–finished with a pearl strap.