Chapter One-Aphrodite

I never understood my father's way of thinking.

     I know that I am a Goddess, therefore I must take safety precautions, but locking me up on Mount Olympus seemed to much. 

     My father has kept me locked up and hidden away for most of my life, and I have never been truly been able to be myself and enjoy the freedoms of life. Whenever I asked to go down to the mortal world, my father always came back with "You're not ready to go down there." or "You are to naive."

      I'm done listening to my father's rules. I want to experience life like a normal person. So I decided to run away from Olympus and hide among the common folk. Hopefully, my father won't notice my absence or find me.

     I was walking down a long narrow hallway when I heard a loud BOOM. Confused, I slowly walked to the source of the sound and found my father arguing with Poseidon, his brother, in the throne room. 

     "I'm not in the mood to see you right now, Poseidon." Zeus bellowed. "You broke your promise. And you think it's a good idea to visit? Go back to your Underwater palace or we will have problems."                                                  

     "I'm sorry brother. I fell in love with her. I didn't think this is how things would end." Poseidon stood up straight and continued. "My actions aren't justifiable, and there is no excuse for what I did. But that doesn't mean we take the world down with us for a mistake I made!" Poseidon stepped forward, and Zeus stepped back.                                                            

     "If you didn't want war, then you should have thought before you broke your promise and decided to sleep with other women." My father stormed out of the throne room, not noticing me. 

     I stepped into the room, Poseidon sighing heavily. He put a hand on his forehead and looked down at the ground. "How much of that did you hear?" He asked, not looking at me. 

     "All of it ," I said quietly.                                     

     "Your father is as stubborn as any. I supposed he got that from our father." Poseidon looked up at me, his sea-green eyes filled with sadness. "I guess you are the only one that can understand what I did. For you are the goddess of love."

     I shook my head. "I may be the goddess of love, but my powers aren't strong. Right now, I'm more clueless about love than a cockroach." Poseidon stepped forward and rubbed my shoulder, clearly upset at my answer.

     "That's alright, Aphrodite. You are still young. One day you will become the powerful goddess that your father and I believe you will be." With that, he left the room, his footsteps echoed down the hallway as he did. 

     I couldn't help but feel sad that I couldn't help him. I am the goddess of love and beauty. I should know all about it right?

     Yet I am clueless as no other

     I walked back to my room, sulking as I did so. I opened the door to my room to find Hera sitting on my bed, waiting for me. "Finally," She said. "You're here."

     She stood up, revealing her toga had glittering gold on it. Her light brown hair was piled up in a fancy bun and wore a crown on her head.

     I raised a brow and closed the door behind me. "Why are you in my room?"

     Hera narrowed her eyes. "That's no way to treat your mother now is it?" She stepped forward. You aren't even my mother...I thought. "Anyways your father demands your training to start earlier than expected. Your training starts tomorrow at 8:00 AM and shall end around 5:00 PM understand? Great. Now I have I have more important matters to attend to."