Chapter 6-Aphrodite

I made my way through the city and over to the elevator to go back to Olympus. I miss him already. I really don't want to go back home. I love it down here. I thought. This wasn't the best idea, but I had to go back for the sake of my father. I had to train and get ready for war.

     I was sick and tired of my father Zeus and my Uncle Poseidon and their arguments. I was tired of their debates and how my father put me in between their issues.

     I have to fight in the war because my father disagreed with Poseidon but I'd really wish it wouldn't come down to this, but my father doesn't have a brain.

     Maybe I should talk with Poseidon about this, I don't want to have a war with my own family just because of a disagreement. I thought.

     I decided to go talk with my uncle about the war and how I wasn't going to attend. "This is the right thing to do," I whispered.

     I headed down through the city once again and went down to the dock over by the ocean. I felt a weird feeling that someone or something was here earlier, but I shook the feeling off. I must be worrying too much.

     I walked to the edge of the dock, took a deep breath, and dove into the ocean. I heard the water ripple above me and it comforted me. I started to swim towards the glass dome where my uncle lives. I paddled my feet as fast as I could. Once I reached the dome, I heard muffled talking through the glass. I thought I was just messing with myself so I just ignored it.

     I turned around and went to find the secret passage. Poseidon had told me that if I ever needed help, to come to the secret passage and follow it until I made it inside his underwater palace. I walked through the long hallways and reached the "underwater" city. It looked amazing to see water from up above the see-through dome. The moonlight glowed and lit up the city. All around were sea lanterns and several candles that made the city look even more enchanting.

     I started walking up the little stairways to explore the underground city. This place was filled up with a bunch of amazing and unique architecture which made it look even cooler. There were many engraved walls filled with other gods, including me, my father, my mother, many of my sisters, and pretty much all my family. I walked further and further into the underground city. I came across many gardens, buildings, and little openings to view the whole underground city.

     As I was staring into the water from a small little opening of a building, I heard, once again, muffled talking. I know this wasn't fake this time, I knew it wasn't. I decided to explore where the talking was coming from. Minutes later, I made my way down a flight of stairs until I saw a pair of legs peeking out from a small building. What in the world? Why are they lying down on the floor? Should I go ask them if they need help? I mustered up the courage to check on the person, to see if they were ok until I saw him.

     Andrew.