Chapter 4-Aphrodite

I didn't stop running until I made it to the city. Many people were walking around despite the early morning. I walked around unsure of where to go. I need to find my way back to Olympus I thought. It's better this way.

     The mere thought of leaving Andrew left me teary-eyed. One tear managed to escape and run down my cheek.

     "Now what's a pretty girl like you cryin' about this early in the morning?" A man asked beside me. The man was tall and skinny. He wore a brown shirt and dark blue pants. Both of which were dirty, worn, and holey.

     I wiped the tear away. "I'm fine," I lied. "Just stressed."

     The man stepped forward. "No need to lie pretty lady. If you come with me those tears of yers will be loooong gone I promise ya."

     I shook my head. "I'm okay. I best get going now." I started to leave when the man grabbed my hand

     "Playing hard to get now aren't cha? No need to be feisty now. I ain't gonna hurt cha. We just gonna have ourselves a fun time alrighty?"

     He moved his hand to my waist. "Sir, I really need to be going," I said in a panic. My heart hammered in my chest. What do I do?

     Suddenly the man was flung away from me and smashed into a nearby wall.

     "Get your grimy hands off of her you bloody bastard!" Andrew shouted. Andrew stood in front of me. "Stay away from her or else Ima give you a blinker as well as break that smeller of yers." Many of the words Andrew had said confused me. I had no idea what a "smeller" was, much less what a "Blinker" was.

     The man ran off and Andrew turned to me. "Are you alright?" He asked. He scanned me up and down. "Did he hurt you? I swear if he did-"

     "Andrew!" I yelled, trying to get his attention. Andrew blinked, returning from his list of bad things he would have done to the man.

     "I'm fine," I assured him. "Especially now that you're here. I'm sorry for leaving you, but I have to go back to Olympus. I feel like I keep messing things up. Besides, the war is coming up for the gods. I need to train. And I can't do that here. Or else I might get caught..."

     I waited for an answer, but Andrew remained silent. He looked heartbroken. Like I had personally ripped his heart out and cut it into pieces. The sight tore me to pieces but I knew I was right. I had to go back to Olympus.

     "Okay," Andrew mumbled. "If it's what you have to do then..."

     I placed a hand on his shoulder. "It won't be forever," I assured him. "Just for a little bit okay? Can you wait for me?"

     Andrew nodded stiffly.

     I hugged him hard and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek which left him looking like a red hot tomato.

     I took a deep breath, and I headed for Olympus. Leaving Andrew behind me.