Chapter 18- Iris

Now is my chance to finally reunite with him. I took a deep breath and got up to leave. I was so excited but nervous at the same time. I ran to my room and shut the door. I didn't know what to bring on my journey to see Andrew.

     I remembered the last time I went up to the mortal world. I decided it wasn't much to think over and threw some clothes and other stuff into a small magic bag. It was a cross-body leather bag that was around the size of a chapter book.

     I put my hair down from a ponytail and my curly blonde hair fell past my shoulders and about the middle of my back. My training outfit was quite cute despite the fact it was meant for fighting. It was a ruffly white dress with a brown leather corset and dark brown leather boots.

     I grabbed a light green flowy dress and put it on. The sleeves were see-through and had flowers embroidered in random places around the sleeves. As well as around the dress itself. The flowers were golden and beautiful. I put on brown leather high-heel boots and topped it all off by placing daisies and iris in my hair that I had just braided. My hair is what was called a "braided halo". I loved my outfit and I was excited to be a mortal again.

     I smiled at myself in the mirror and walked out of my room. While I walked I put on my dove necklace. Poseidon said it was good to always have my sacred animals near me, whether they were real or not. He said it gave me more power. And I was hoping for that. So far, I have learned to teleport to father distances which helped after training practice when I would be too tired to walk 1,750 feet to my room. I also found out that I have the power to dedicate the truth and those who are lying to me. For both gods and humans. It's pretty useful I must say. I've used it in almost every encounter I've had with Hera and Zeus and lets just say they have some...problems. (I don't think they like telling the truth.)

     I walked downstairs to say my goodbyes and saw that Apollo, Artemis, and Poesdion waiting for me. "You really thought you were gonna leave without saying goodbye?" Apollo asked, folding his arms with a grin.

     Artemis rolled her eyes. "Don't listen to him. Are you all packed and ready to go?" She asked.

    I nodded. "I have all my stuff in this," I patted my bag beside me.

     Apollo raised a brow. "You have enough stuff to last you a year or more in there?" He asked. I didn't know if he was being sarcastic or if it was a genuine question.

     "It's called magic Apollo," I told him. Artemis started laughing.

     Poseidon cleared his throat and we all looked at him. "I'm glad that you are finally having the time to see him." He said. It was odd to me that no one said his name, Andrews I mean. Andrew was always referred to as boy or he. It was confusing but I always dismissed it.

     I smiled. "Me too," I said. "I'm prepared for anything,"

     "Really?" Poseidon questioned.

     "Yup,"

     "What about a fight?" He asked. "What will you fight with if you have no sword?"

     Immediately I whipped out my sword from my bag, ready for battle. Poseidon smiled and Artemis clapped. "Very smart," Poseidon said. "I'm sure you will be fine up there. You will be missed." I gave everyone a hug goodbye and teleported to the port above. I looked around. There weren't many people, which I was thankful for. No mortal can know I'm a goddess. Except Andrew and Amelia.

     I made my way down to the city, which wasn't to far away. Maybe a mile at most. Probably less. There were a few people fishing nearby, but most of them were older and spent more time sleeping or reading the newspaper than actually fishing.