2.

✧˚ ༘ Hyoseop.✧˚ ༘

I started walking down the road, while some cars passed by me. I was so bored in the house I just put my earpods on and had a stroll along the beautiful roads of San Francisco.

I reached the quiet area, on the other side was the gas station Joohyuk worked. I had seen him the day before but I hadn't seen him that morning.

I fiddled with the box of my earpods while deciding that I should go and greet him. "Oh wait." I said as I took out my card from my pocket. "I'll go buy some food anyway." I put it back.

I crossed the road that barely had cars running on it. I got into the empty store. I looked at the cashier and it was him, he didn't notice me though, he just kept listening to music.

I chuckled and went to get some ramen, candy and soda. I put it on the table yet he was still moving his head to the beat of whatever song he was listening to, It made me laugh.

I cleared my throat and he abruptly stood up from the chair. "I'm sorry I was-" He looked up at me after he put his earpods away. "Oh hello, Hyoseop right?" He said and I chuckled.

"You remember me?" I put my arm on the cash register. "I'm not a very forgetful person." He scanned my items. "It's very hot today, why aren't you inside?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's kind of boring and I'm struggling to find a way to make things fun in that house." I explained and he chuckled. "I mean if it won't be a problem, we can exchange numbers and you'll have a friend here in the states other than whoever you're staying with." He put my things in a bag, and I gave him my card.

"I'd really like that; it would be nice to have someone else other than my sister who's always busy. I should have just gone to Europe with my parents." I rolled my eyes.

He pushed my bags towards me and gave me my card, I gave him my phone and he put his number. "I was wondering why you are on a part-time job but you have a fully funded scholarship with allowance?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I want to get out of the dorms, so the money from my parents and my own work can get me an apartment out of school." He gave me my phone and I nodded. "How many months are you here in San Francisco?" He asked me.

"Three months." I said, "I guess we'll have to make some of your plans change, it's summer you should be having fun." He sat down on his chair. "I am willing to put my introvert on low if that means me having a wonderful summer." I chuckled.

"Just remember to talk to me, if I'm not studying or doing some work then I'll definitely spend some time with you." He smiled at me, I looked down and up at him smiling. "Don't you have any friends?" I asked him.

"Well yes I do, and I wouldn't mind making more." He looked at me, I looked away and back at him, I just chuckled. "I promise to text you." I walked out of the store, he waved at me and I left.

__

I got home and sat in Yoojung's backyard patio that was facing her big pool. I looked down at my phone and opened my messages. I searched for his name, I saw it and clicked on it.

❝Hey its Hyoseop.❞
❝You have the best timing, i just got off my shift and i'll be going back to campus.❞
❝i bet that feels good?❞
❝After work i have to study so i don't think it's necessarily "good".❞
❝So what about the days you have a lecture? you still go to work?❞
❝I take the evening shift and it would probably be the worst decision.❞
❝Hard work would never betray you.❞
❝Hey i was meaning to suggest that if you're bored, you can always join me on my shift and come talk to me.❞
❝Really?❞
❝i mean if you're sincerely up for it, we can get to know each other.❞
❝That would be amazing, i would love to join you.❞
❝I'll tell you what shift i have tomorrow. :)❞
❝Can't wait. <3❞
❝My uber is here, i'll text you when i get to campus.❞
❝Bye!❞
Seen.