Thanksgiving

A/n: This is sooo long,I'm sorry. Also this chapter introduces Henry, Duke of Clarence. You'll 'know' him, if you follow my TikTok: Palestarwp

"So?"
"I don't know. Ken is feeling like he's being pushed out. He is but you know. Rome told me Dad wants to buy all of the news outlets. He wants to be king of News." Sophie told Deniz
"And Stewy?"
"Well, he is not telling me something."
Deniz raised his brows.

"Whatever . The prenup for Tom is being finalised," she said absentmindedly.
Deniz looked confused.
"Shiv told you that?"
"What? No, Tom and I were alone in the elevator."
"So you talked."
"He talked but sure."

"What was your friend's name? The duke? The one who has a thing with Shiv?"
"Henry. He's the fourteenth Duke of Clarence."
"Clarence?"
"You know Edward IV? His brother was the Duke of Clarence until he was executed and the title became extinct? Something tells like that. Anyway, then Elizabeth the First created the title again for some guy who happens to be an ancestor of Henry."
"I'm not sure if I asked for a history lesson but thank you."

He leaned back in his chair.

" what about Henry?" she asked.
"What does he think about this?"
"I have no idea but it's never too late for him to speak up but if I know him, he won't."
" you could talk to him?"
" why?"

Deniz gave her a deadpan look.

Sophie sighed.
"I know I complain a lot about Tom but he is nice. He loves Shiv. Tom is like a sweet, loyal dog."
Deniz raised his eyebrows again.
"He was excited about the prenup. The prenup, Deniz, who is excited about a prenup?"
"Apparently loyal dogs."

She smiled.

"See. But Henry, Duke of Clarence will grace us with his presence at Thanksgiving."
Deniz laughed.
"Don't worry." She said.
"I will tell you all about it, Gossip."
"I'm not a gossip, just curious."
"Sure." She said sarcastically.

A knock interrupted them.

"Mr. Roy for your, Ms."
"Oh, thanks."

She hoped Mr. Roy would be one of her brothers or even the uncle she barely knew but it wasn't her lucky day.

"Dad." she stood up at the sight of him.
"Sophie." Logan Roy only looked at Deniz and gone her friend was.

The father sat down in the chair that was previously occupied by Deniz.
She stood still.

"Well, don't you want to sit down?" father asked tauntingly.

She did as she was told.

"Dad, what are you doing here?"
"I said we would talk but you have been a coward and avoided me."
"No, I haven't, I swear" she tried.
He raised his hand and she stopped talking.

"Can I trust you, Sophie?"
"Yes."
"No. You have betrayed me. You lied to me."
"Dad-"
"I'm talking." His voice was sharp and cold like ice.

"My son sells me away, my other sons... god knows what they do, one of my daughters gets engaged to a cunt and the other daughter goes against my wishes."
He sighs.
"Who can I trust?"
"Look, Dad, I tried. I couldn't just make myself CEO. You never named me as a successor and I don't even work at Waystar. I did the best I could. If not for me Ken would've been both CEO and chairman."

"I see." was all he said.

Her father didn't stay long and her friend sat in her office once more.

"That was interesting," she said.
"You know Sophie, I am glad my family is not like yours."
She looked at him.
"Why? This is us being fine," she stated.
"There is no love in your family, no warmth."
"Yes, there is." she disagreed.