field day...27

"Are you ready?"

"Almost just putting my hair up", now if only these edges would lay the way I wanted them.

"Remember we're leaving in 10 minutes", I sighed.

"Got it dad", I return my focus back to my hair. Now it was cooperating, the last step was some lipgloss.

I walked down stairs grabbing my backpack and stuffing it with snacks, camera, phone and earphones.

"I'm ready dad", I said.

"Hold up let me get a picture of you and we will go", he said.

"Reallyyy, it's just a field day thing."

"Yea now smiles, I'm trying to keep all these memories." I could see him snapping pictures and I went along posing for them. I knew I wasn't gonna be able to convince him otherwise and well he is trying to save all these moments.

We got in the car and headed out to the school. They had this welcome day that was a field day and mix of meeting all the teachers. It is a big thing and that's how everyone gets their schedules they also see who they want to be friend. I was gonna try and skip out cause the whole point of the first day is figuring out who all there.

"Alright kiddo I will be parent side socializing there, you got your phone call me text me, I will probably check in at least once to see how it is going. I know it's all new you're not used to the scene here but give it a chance. Try to at least me one or two people you could be friend."

"Got it, doesn't Kameer go to my school."

"Yeah but add more variety there are so many kids here your age, you might develop a good friend group. Like I said try to get a possible list for your own good. Remember what the therapist suggested."

"Ugh okay I'll call you", I walked away.

Don't bring up therapy man not in public, I am trying to just get with the program of going. I walked to welcoming booth already feeling overwhelmed.

"Hello there, may I interest you in social bands, these let us know how you're feeling if you're ready to meet everyone if you know people. Here's our chart pick one and we can go from there."

They had
Pink- I know most people here.
White- I'm new here and want to meet people.
Gray- I'm new and I'm scared give me time.
Blue- I'm here to mingle and for the vibes.

I picked white and blue cause my dad would hate me if I didn't, and well I did need friends. My only friend can't be my little sister, sorry Blue.

I walked over to the next booth for ID picture, class schedule, uniform sizing, and supplies list. Everything was like perfectly put together for you in a little bag and the uniform would be delivered in a week. Then we had the choice of different activities each with its own set of people.

"Hey there, Carter's kid", I heard a chuckle and turned.
"Oh hey Kameer"
"Kynedy right?"
"Yup that's me.", I smiled awkwardly.
"You wanna join me with the frisbees I'm looking for a partner? I got some friends you can meet get you familiar with the crew."
"Sure I'll join you"

We walked over to this area with a ton frisbees, there was a group it was about 4 of them there.

"Hey guys I found another team mate, this is Kynedy she just moved to California not too long ago. Kynedy this is Julez with a Z usually we call her Z, Kieran, Niki, Sasha. Now you even out the girl to boy ratio.", he said.

"hi everyone I hope you don't mind me joining.", I smiled.

"No no come on join us, where are you originally from?" Niki asked, he was looking me up and down. I wonder what he was thinking.