Chapter 9

Yay, another one!
Sadly, it's going to be a bit shorter and still good. I hope XD

Meh, oh well, it's still a filler chapter.

I hope y'all like it!

If you don't, then oh well, you can carry on, find another book where Mitch is a guardian hybrid, I really doughnut care. Because right now, I really need to eat my breakfast.(which are mini doughnuts)

Wheeee!

Recap: "Looking at the trajectory of the moon and the sun, calculating the distance from the nearest black hole, I'd say about two hours!" She replies, her excitement clearly showing.

------------------------------------------------------------
(Sky's POV)

           "How does that have to do with anything?" Seto asks.

         "Oh," she says, "it has nothing to do with anything. I just know how far we are from my house!" A vision from escaping the castle haunts me, it's always been the one with Kate, telling me to contact her.

          "Hold on guys you go ahead, I have to take a pee!" I yell.

       "Ok!" Ruby calls. I stay behind and look at my amulet. She said I could contact her on it.

        "Ummmm, call Kate?" I ask. No response. I decide to tap the stone in the center. The hard surface ripples and the whole amulet is a Face time with Kate.

       "Adam!" Her face lights up with joy. "You did call! I knew you would! Has Dawn found you?"

      "No, why?" I ask.

       "Adam, she's been sending search parties. Searching every nearest towns!" She says, terrified.

        "Notch! What is she doing with the recruits?" I ask.

       "It's not good. More than half of the army are hybrids now!"

       "What kind?" I ask.

      "Squids," was all she replied.

      "What about everyone else?" I ponder. "The other half of the army?"

        "Either already hybrids or sorcerers. Dawn wants sorcerers, especially me. She wants us because she believes we are more powerful. She's gone totally insane. And she doesn't want hybrids to become double hybrids. Sky, it's terrible!" She says.

        "Oh Notch, Dawn has gone totally insane!" I exclaim.

       "That's not even the worst of it! She-she done the worst thing possible to the kindest of us!" The replies. The kindest. The one who cares about them most. Probably someone everyone knows. Puts her needs in front of others. The worst dwells on me.

        "She's turned Astrea into a hybrid!" I whisper. All Kate could do was nod. A stream of blood trickles down her forehead. "Kate, are you ok?"

         "What? Oh yeah!" She wipes the blood off with a torn up sleeve.

         "Kate!" I yell. I surprise her and she jumps.

        "Yeah?"

       "You're not ok!"

      "Yes, I am!"

       "No you're not! Where are you?" She bites her lip. Silence.

"Kate seriously!"

       "M n huh unjun," she mumbles.

      "Where?"

     "I'm in the dungeons ok?" She yells.

      "Why?" I question.

     "Because! Let's just leave it at that," she decides.

     "Kate, please. I need you to be completely honest with me! Where are you and what is Dawn doing to you?"

       "I'm in the dungeons," she pauses, "and Dawn has been giving me slight punishment."

       "For what?" I ask.

       "For helping you all escape!" She exclaims.

      "What has she been giving you?" I ponder.

      "Small things like, occasional punches. And mild starvation," she responds, nonchalantly.

      "Getting beat and starving is not mild, it's abuse, child abuse!"

     "I'm sixteen!" She counters.

     "You're still not an adult!" I reason. "Technically, you're still a child."

      "Adam, I'm sorry that I'm getting hurt for helping you! I felt like it was a need!"

     "Kate it's fin-"

    "Crap got to go! Dawn can't find out!"

   "Kate!" A muffled voice could be heard in the background. "What are you doing?"

       "Nothing! Just-just talking to myself. The hunger and concussion are really getting to me!"

        "What's in your hand?"

         "N-nothing!"

          "Give me it!" And the screen fades to static and then to my normal amulet. Oh Notch, what have I done? I'm risking someone's health, a minor's health! Oh Notch! Don't worry, Kate, I will get you out of there and I will avenge you, I promise.

           I jog to keep up with the rest of the group.

         "Where ya been, slow poke?" Ruby jokes, I stay silent. "I guess you're not in a joking mood today, huh?"

         "How much longer?" Ian asks.

        "About another hour and a half. Almost there!" She responds.

----------------------------------------------------
Sorry for such a short chappy!

I needed to get a talk in with Kate and Sky.

Well, that's all I need to say. Other than sorry KateKitsune! I'm can be so evil! >:)

Well, I hope that made up for the long chapter delay.

I promise everyone, I'm trying to get some other people in, and I don't have all the room in the world. Most likely I'll have to use some of you for evil recruits.

Well, until the next chapter,

Baiiiiii

All

You

Grammar

Nazis

*sassy walks out of room*

-AMarine