Chapter 8

Crap

I forgot to add something important, so I'll just add it right here. 3, 2, 1, go!

Kate tosses me sunglasses, Jason, a grey shirt, and Ty, his long overcoat.

       "Why are you helping us?" Sky asks.

       "Because we know who our real leaders are," she simply responds.

Yeah, I hope you all enjoyed that little snippet I forgot to put in. Get it together, brain.

Geese.

Yay, I have almost everything planned out for the book, but chapters won't be as long, hopefully still long!

Recap: "I know a place," Ruby says as she starts walking. "Come on, follow me."

----------------------------------------------------
(Ty's POV)

       "So where exactly are we going, Ruby?" I ask.

       "My parent's house," she responds, nonchalantly.

      "How will this work, exactly?" Jason asks. "I thought you were an only child." Ruby stops dead in her tracks and falls on to her knees, laughing, hysterically.

      "I don't see what is so funny about Jason's question?" Seto retorts.

       "Who. Told. You. I'm. An. Only. Child?" She says laughing in between breaths.

        "No one," he responds. "I just implied you were an only child." Ruby stops laughing and gets up, still smiling.

       "No, it's just I forgot to tell you I had six older siblings, three boys and three girls."

       "How's Tyler doing?" Mitch asks.

        "When I left for the Sky Army, I believe he came back. And he isn't deported for another couple months," Ruby responds.

        "Callie and Derek?" Mitch asks.

       "Still arguing," she chuckles. "As always."

       "You have six older siblings?" I ask in shock.

      "Yep!" She says popping the 'p.' "K.C., Kelli, Callie, Derek, Tyler, Lila, and me!"

       "How old are they?" Jason asks.

       "Well," Ruby starts, "K.C. and Kelli are identical twins so they are both 25, the oldest, Callie is the next in line, 23, Derek is after Callie, they never get along, he is 21, Tyler is after Derek and served in the army for two years, he's 20, then Lila, who is two years older than me, she's 19. Oh, when you see my parents don't be surprised-"

        "Why?" I ask.

         "My parents are 70," she says.

        "What? Why?" Sky shouts.

        "They couldn't have children at a younger age and they kept trying, then all these babies started happening. Yeah, it's kinda weird."

          "Look!" Jerome shouts. "There's a path up ahead!"

          "Yeah! Hold on!" Ruby shouts while checking a map. "Be right there!" Ruby pulls out a map. "Yep, we're on the right track!" She exclaims.

         "Tell us more about your family, Ruby," Adam says in an Anchorman voice.

        "Well, there's not much. K.C. and Kelli look alike, they both have orange hair with some brown, and grey eyes. The only difference is that Kelli has more piercings than K.C. They both like to keep to themselves a lot. Callie is tan and has brown hair. She has sort of gold-"