2: a child?

Curious eyes peeked into an abandoned temple as she carefully walked inside seeing many scrolls aligned the wall each Inscribed with ancient history. Her soul sparked with wonder as the pitter-patter of her feet hitting the ground echoed throughout the empty space.

A ghostly figure watched the child with a raised eyebrow as they walked through their temple. The spirit, having no restraint towards the mortal realm, floated just above the girl. It piqued their interest when they saw the young one staring at the armor they once wore.

The girl's voice echoed through the empty space as their laughter filled it with warmth. The spirit smiled not knowing why they liked this child already, but chose to ignore it as the mortal came closer to admire the armor.

But, the child stopped before turning around and looking at them in curiosity. To say the spirit was shocked was an understatement as the child came closer to them. " Hi!" The child squeaked out sending them a small wave. Slowly but surely the spirit waved back before they spoke: "You can see me?" It asked making the little girl nod their head.

" You're very pretty!" The mortal spoke which surprised the spirit at their kind words. Their ghostly body sat on the Temple's floor as the little girl came closer. " Thank you, child. You're pretty as well." The spirit's voice loud but, tender brought a smile to the little girl's face as they giggled before sitting across them.

As they talked about many things it somehow brought joy towards the spirit. Something they've never had in a long time was a bit foreign to them. Being alone for centuries in this temple does leave a number to some people. With no one to talk to.

But, it doesn't matter now. they now have this mortal to talk to! As hours went by it felt like they'd created a strong bond together before this one question lingered at the tip of their tongue.

"What's your name, dear child?" They asked seeing the child's smile widen " I'm Adelais!" That name seemed to click in the mind of the spirit before they let out a small smile. " That's a lovely name Adelais."

" What about you?" The little girl asked the spirit. " I'm-" All of a sudden before the spirit could tell their name the Temple's doors opened to a worried mother whose eyes landed on their daughter. " Oh Adelais, you've got me worried sick!" The woman spoke going right through the spirit and picking up her daughter in a tight embrace.

In simple words, only Adelais could see the spirit. That's why her mother couldn't see them and, didn't see the way the spirit turned from its welcoming sky-blue hue to a dark ocean blue.

The Little girl stared at the spirit in sadness as the mother took her away from the temple forbidden to ever step in it again.

_______________________________________

A/n: alright so this will be a part of an important piece of the story and it will have an impact on Adelais' life.

And before ANY of you, bitches say " wHy YoU pUt ThAt NaMe? It SoUnDs So StUpId-" I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!! IT'S JUST SOMETHING THAT CAME UP IN MY HEAD, OKAY? IT ROLLS OFF THE FUCKING TONGUE. AND NO I AIN'T TELLING ANY OF YOU BITCHES HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT. FIGURE IT OUT. AND DON'T GO ALL GRINGO WITH IT!
aDeLaIs BITCH MY GOD.

Anyways- (⁠◕⁠દ⁠◕⁠)

JuSt So YoU kNoW! She's an airbender. I'll explain more in the future why it's relevant in the future chapters BUT, she lives and was born and raised in the fire nation so that sucks for her but, not my problem. ತ⁠_⁠ʖ⁠ತ

And I'll tell y'all later on how she managed to trick people into thinking she can bend fire even though she can't.

Anyways, bye sweeties! (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)

Chapter finished: April 15, 2024

Chapter published: April 27, 2024

Finished editing:

Word count: 670