Emily's POV (Chapter 1)

Today was the big day... The day I've been waiting for. My first ever Warped Tour... My alarm goes off, 5am. I excitedly jump up to wake up my best friend, who will be going with me, Devon. After hours of us getting dressed we hop in the car with our cute backpacks on, water bottle in hand. When we arrived at the line we looked around. I turned to Devon and said,

"Everyone here is so beautiful and then look at us."

He laughs at me. I couldn't help myself but to blab my mouth about how excited I was to just be within distance of my favorite people. First we saw New Year's Day. Ashley is just so beautiful and talented I thought the whole time.
Next was Attila. I was very excited but this was also my first time moshing so I was a little nervous.

"Six, six, six, party with the devil bitch!"

The crowd went crazy! A huge circle pit formed. Next up was Beartooth. Although I loved that band I stayed in the back and watching, quietly singing along every now and then. Pierce The Veil was about to play. The people there where so rude, and we ended up having to stay in the very, very back. But it was worth it. I showed up at the Monster Energy Stage an hour and a half early to get a good place for The Amity Affliction. They are my favorite band. Joel and Ahren come out on stage. The crowd goes crazy, hell, I go crazy. They're right in front of me and it's so surreal.

"IVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR AN EXIT, BUT I AM LOST INSIDE MY HEAD. WHERE I SPEND EVERY WAKING MOMENT, WISHING I WAS DEAD."

Joel screams. Everyone screams the word 'dead' and starts moshing hardcore. Now I know my limits, being a very, very short, small girl. But there was no way in hell someone was pushing me away from being directly in front of Ahren.

"WHO IS THE TOUGHEST PERSON IN THIS CROWD?! WHO'S THE CRAZIEST?!"

Joel screams into the microphone. I go crazy like everyone else. They start playing 'Pittsburg'. I got really emotional and started lightly crying, half because a crowd surfer hit me in the back of the head, and the other half because I was so thankful for this band. That's when it happened. I fell. I couldn't get back up... I was so scared.

"Hey! HEY!!!"

Ahren jumped down hurriedly from the stage. He grabbed me over the metal fence and pulled me to the stage. The rest of the band has stopped by now. They were looking at Ahren and everyone was a little confused. Ahren brought me onto the stage. I was frozen. Starstruck. I just stared up at him.

"Now everyone look at her. She loves us so much that she was just getting thrown in the pit to get close to us. I was watching her... She mouthed every word to every song we played. And when she fell no one could see her. Thank you-"

Ahren looked at me and asked me what my name was.

"Thank you Emily. You can go stand right over there."

He pointed to the back of the stage.

"We'll see you after the show sweetheart."

He smiled at me. This was so surreal. Ahren had saved me. I mean no, I probably wouldn't have died. But yes, I was getting stepped on and he helped me. I was so lost in my thoughts, so star struck that I didn't even notice they had just finish up their last song. Ahren came up to me.

(Ahren's words will be bolded. Emily's will be italicizes.)

Hey.

H-hey.

Are you alright? That mosh pit was getting really bad haha.

Yes I'm fine... Thank you so much. For everything. I really appreciate it.

Of course. I saw you down there. You were moshing so hard to keep your place even though everyone was practically throwing you. You're a tough one huh.

I giggle. Thank you. And also thank you for letting me come backstage with all of you. I gesture to the rest of the band. I really appreciate it.

Hey, you know we where actually about to go grab something to eat and hang out in the tour bus. Would you like to come with us?

I would really like that. I smile uncontrollably.

We went out to eat at a local vegan place and had a great time. I was super nervous so I didn't talk that much but when I did it was "thank you so much" or "you're so nice, thank you".

I learned a lot about my favorite band. They're such sweet people. When we got back on the tour bus I politely asked them if I could take pictures and of course they let me. I had so much fun. Ahren and Joel even put my number in their phones and said they would give me a call if they were in the area and they gave me their numbers in case I ever just wanted to talk or needed anything.

I bonded with all of them very well. But with Ahren, things where a little different. We were close and had a lot of similarities. Talking was a lot more easier with him and he wasn't just a guy I dreamt about meeting anymore. He was a friend. He was kind and understanding. We were all sitting on the couch when my phone started to ring. I laughed and answered it only to find my father screaming on the other end.

"IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ASS HOME RIGHT NOW YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN YOU DO GET HOME EMILY!"

He screamed.

"Yes sir."

I replied in a hush tone. I had hoped that none of the boys heard it but from the look on their faces, they had.

"I'm sorry guys... I've got to get going. It was so nice meeting you all. You really don't know how much it means to me. Thank you so much."

I tried to get out of the bus' door as fast as I could but Ahren stopped me at the end.

"Joel and I will drive you home."

He then whispered in my ear

"I heard what your dad said. And if it sounds like what I think it is I'm going to meet him."

I was about to protest before the opened the door and waves for Joel to come on. I sat in the passenger seat and Joel drove while Ahren was in the middle of the back seat. I looked back at him with apologetic eyes. I didn't want him to see my dad. I knew how he was and they were just so nice. Ever since my mother died in 2011 my dad became a raging alcoholic. He'd beat me senseless if I did anything he didn't like.

"Emily? EMILY! IS THAT YOU?!"

My father yelled from the living room. My house was very clean since I cleaned it as much as I could to keep him happy.

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

"I was at a concert daddy. I'm sorry to worry you..."

I said calmly.

"HAHAHAHA! You think I was worried about YOU?! THAT'S HILARIOUS! I just didn't have a bitch to make my foo- who the fuck are those guys?"

He looked over at Ahren and Joel. Joel came up to my father.

"I'm Joel. This is my best friend Ahren. And that's your daughter, Emily, but you wouldn't be able to tell by the way you treat her."

Joel firmly stated. I looked at him and gently pushed him back. I was scared. My father stood up and told them to step out while he talked to me in private. As soon as their feet hit the front porch, I knew I fucked up.

"Now you know what's gonna happen Emily. Just keep the fuck down and then go up to your room."

He slapped me. I grabbed my cheek and covered my mouth. Then he hit my stomach. Then my face. Kicked my shin. Just didn't stop until I accidentally let out a cry. Ahren bursts through the door, saw me slightly bleeding from my nose and bruised, then he saw my dad.