twenty six

"Nah, I don't like that. It washes you out. You need something more... extra." Nat says as I show her the dress Blair send me this morning.

"Nat, I don't have anything like that. This is the only formal dress I have. It's Blair's old Prom dress."

"Yea, that's what it looks like." she laughs

"Hey!!"

"Well we have 3 hours, enough time to go shopping. Let's go." Pepper smiles and gets up

"Okay gimme a sec." I say and both women leave my room to give me space to get ready.

I get out of the blush pink dress to put on a cute little black dress that I can get on and off easily so trying on stuff would go faster. I put on some knee high boots, a coat and just let my curls flow over my shoulders. 

Pepper and Nat wait for me in the Lobby as I hurry to not let them wait any longer. We step outside into the crisp march air.  It's still freezing but not as bad as a few months ago. Pepper guides us into one of these super exclusive shops on 5th. The associate is super nice, running around the store grabbing dresses in all different colors and styles from left and right. 

Before I know what happens, I am dragged into a changing room the size of my bedroom in the tower. After what feels like an eternity of putting dresses on and off, I grow frustrated. Even Pepper has to hide her hopelessness. 

Without even thinking about it, I try on a red tulle dress. The associate helps me zip it up and it fits like a glove. I look down and I feel like a princess. A hot one. 

I open the curtain and giggle at my sisters and my friends reaction. 

"This is it! You look absolutely stunning! Steve will be stunned!" Pepper says.

"Ohhh, about that. I think I'm kinda over that." I say awkwardly

"Wait what?" Nat asks.

"Yeah, I guess we're just really too drifferent."

"You're really giving up that easily?" 

"I'm not giving up, Nat. I just realized that I wouldn't work anyways."

"Well okay."

"I'm bringing a date to the party. He's reallyyy cute." I smile

"You're interested in him?" my sister asks.

"I don't know him" I shrug

"Well I'm looking forward to seeing him." 

♡❀˖⁺ ༶ ⁺˖❀♡

Pepper twists my curls until they are all in place and gives me a light makeup that compliments my brown eyes. 

I look in the mirror and I'm too stunned to speak. 

"Pepper, you are incredible. I-...." I stutter. "My hair looks absolutely perfect. If I tried that it would look like a rats nest. Thank you so so much!"

"Of course!! Now get dressed. Meet you downstairs."

Pepper leaves my room and I get the red dress out of the chick box they packed it in. I cautiously put it on and, once again, admire myself in the mirror. I finish the outfit up with yewelry that pepper left me from her collection. 

I put on some simple pumps and rush downstairs. As I enter the room, a lot of eyes turn around me and I hear compliments from all different sides. 

I feel someone staring at me and turn around to look directly in his steel blue ones across the room. After a few seconds, I catch myself and turn around on my heel, determined to find my friends. I can sense Steve is following me but I don't turn around again. I'm not that pathetic. I stop as I spot Maddy, her brother, Tessa and Blair walking through the masses. 

"Anna?" Steve asks.

I finally turn around.

"What?" I ask, my voice so ice cold that it even surprises me. 

"I- you look amazing tonight..."

"Thanks." I say and give him a quick smile. But there's not genuinity in it. 

"Anastasia!! You look absolutely stunning!!" Maddy exclaims and interrupts my awkward conversation with Steve. Thank heavens for Madeline Russo!

"So do you! I'm so happy you could make it!" I say and hug my friends.

"You must be Matteo?" I ask the tall dark man next to Maddy.

"Yes. It's a pleasure to meet you" he says with a thick Italian accent and kisses my cheek. 

My friends giggle behind his back. 

"Let's get some drinks!" Tessa exclaims and my friends follow her to the bar. 

I follow with Matteo, not without looking back tho. Steve is gone.  

♡❀˖⁺ ༶ ⁺˖❀♡

the dress: 

♡❀˖⁺ ༶ ⁺˖❀♡

A/N: I LOVE STARK PARTIES IT'S MY BIGGEST DREAM TO ATTEND ONE!! also lets just act like Anastasia wouldn't be completely overdressed cause that dress is too pretty haha

P.S.: don't forget to vote and comment <3