Ch. 17 Not His Little Girl Anymore

Six Years Later: 

I played with my anklet which I have now turned into a bracelet because my ankle is to big. In the past few years since I was eight I've gotten six charms. When I was nine I got a ballet slipper charm because I earned my point shoes. When I was ten I got a lamb charm because Edward started calling me his little lamb. When I was eleven I got a clover charm for good luck. When I was twelve I got a Eagle because Edward told me he would always be there for me, but he'd set me free when I wanted to go. I don't understand that. And this year I got an anchor charm because Edward told me that I'd always have some place to come home too, even if I do the worst thing possible.

Edward was taking me to school today after Alice and Rosalie poked, pulled, and readied me for my first day of school. In a way I'm kind of upset I'm starting in the middle of the semester instead of the beginning.

"Bella, are you sure you want to go? You don't have to, you can wait a-" Edward started.

"Edward, I'm sure I want to go." I said, almost convincing myself.

"Alright..." He hesitated. "Have fun, I love you."

"Love you too." I smiled opening the car door.

A lot of kids were starring at the car I just got out of. Of course they were. Most cars around here went so flashy. I sighed as I watched Edward drive away. I bit my lip. Sometimes when he says I love you I wish it meant for then just a brother, sister relationship. Even if I think of him as my best friend not my brother.

I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't having any romantic feelings for Edward. Alice and Rosalie said that was completely normal. I stumbled a little in the snow. There was a foot of snow on the ground. Usually school would be canceled, but here it snows so frequently that everyone knows how to drive in at least two feet of snow.

I was glad when I became tucked inside the school building.  The warmth was soothing. The office was really small with a long desk the went across the room.  There was a lady around the age of forty maybe sitting at the desk in a baggy purple shirt.

"Hi, I'm the new student, Bella Cullen?"

"Miss. Cullen?" The women looked  up puzzled. 

"Yes....."

"Oh, I'm Mrs. Jackson. Let me get you a map and schedule."

Mrs. Jackson still seemed to be in some sort of trance. She handed me my schedule, map, and class slips I would need to return at the end of the day. My first class was English, easy enough. Jasper looked at the reading list for me and I've read every single one of those books already.

I still have four minuets before the warning bell rings, that leaves enough time to find my locker. At the top of my schedule was my locker combination. I found my locker it was on the first floor. I spinned the dial and pulled at the handle the door wouldn't budge.

"Come on!" I muttered.

"Need some help?" Someone asked.

"Yes, please." 

I turned around to face a boy who looked like he could be a seventh grader, like me. He was quite attractive, he had dark hair, almost black and had deep brown eyes like my own. He stood there for a moment, examining the lock.

"Can I have your combination?" I hesitated. "Come on its not like I'm going to steal something from you!"

I laughed. "Alright, here. I'm Bella by the way, Bella Cullen." I handed him the sheet of paper.

"Cullen eh?" He asked.

"Um, yeah."

"Cool, I'm Drake Fortin." Drake entered my combination and lightly tapped the edge of the locker, it popped open. "Your good."