Ch. 9 Edward's Gift

I walked towards Edward I handed him Alice's gifts. I then sat on his lap, waiting for his gift. He pulled out a small box. I opened  the box eagerly. Inside I found a charm anklet with one charm on it, which was a pinecone. I took it out of the box and looked at it.

"Edward why is there only one charm?" Kate asked.

I'd almost forgotten they were here.

"One charm every year for her birthday that represents something special in her life until she's fife-teen." He replied.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, like I usually would. "What does this pincone stan for?" I asked.

"When I found you in the woods." Edward replied.

"Thank you!" I smiled, and kissed him on the cheek.

*************************************

Edwards POV

Bella finished with Alice's gift. She gave me the gifts to put on the table. Bella got onto my lap as if knowing my gift was next, which it was, but I'm surprised she didn't forget about me. She was my Bella. She waited for my gift.I pulled out, a little box. Bella opened the box egearly. She held the charm anklet up and looked at the pinecone

 "Edward why is there only one charm?" Kate asked.

Bella jumped. She'd forgotten they were there. 

"One charm every year for her birthday that represents something special in her life until she's fife-teen." I replied.

Bella wrapped her arms aroud my neck. "What does the pinecone stand for?" She asked.

"When I found you in the woods." I said.

"Thank you!" Bella smiled, and gave me a kiss on the cheek.