Bonus Chapter 2

Flashback to Rosé's 21st Birthday

Lisa

I told myself that all I'd do was make a quick appearance at my sister's 21st birthday, but that doesn't explain why I'm still here, three hours and several drinks later.

I haven't been able to take my eyes off Jennie, and the way she keeps sending me shy looks tells me she knows it.

Her long, dark, wavy hair cascades down the front of her body, reaching all the way to her lower breast. It's fucking mesmerising, but that isn't what has me captivated.

It's that damn dress she's wearing. It clings to her curves in a way that can only be described as sinful. The red colour contrasts with her skin beautifully, and it takes all of me not to walk right over and fuck up that matching red lipstick.

I take yet another sip of my whiskey, but the liquor can't drown out my need for her. She's my little sister's best friend. I keep telling myself to stay away from her, to allow her a chance to live her own life before I inevitably tie her down... but it's a losing battle. My head is spinning, but fuck, even so, all I can think about is her.

I watch as a guy her age steals her attention away from me. She looks up at him and smiles so fucking sweetly. The mere sight of it has my chest tightening, white hot jealousy rushing through my body. I haven't even made her mine yet, and she already has such an insane hold over me. This woman is going to bring me to my knees, and I have no doubt I'll go willingly.

Before I even realise what I'm doing, I'm halfway across the veranda. Jennie looks up at me, her eyes widening ever so slightly in surprise.

"Lisa," she says, her voice soft. Fucking hell. I'll never tire of hearing her say my name.

The young man beside her clears his throat and attempts to introduce himself to me, but I've only got eyes for Jennie.

"Ms. Manoban," he says, his voice trembling.

I take Jennie's drink from her and bring it to my lips as my arm wraps around her waist. "Rum and coke? How many of these have you had."

She leans into me a little - not as much as I would've liked, but enough to douse my jealousy.

"A few."

The guy beside us clears his throat again. "Ms. Manoban," he repeats. "It's such an honour to meet you. I was hoping you'd be here tonight."

"A few too many," I tell Jennie.

She smiles up at me, her eyes twinkling. "I'm twenty-one," she murmurs. "I can drink if I want to."

"There are many things you can do, but that doesn't mean you should."

I have no idea what I'm even warning her about. Is it a warning to stay away from other guys when she knows that she'll be marrying me eventually? Or am I warning her away from myself? Perhaps a little bit of both.

She and I haven't even discussed our arranged marriage, so I shouldn't expect anything from her, yet I do. I want her loyalty, her love. I don't want a loveless marriage like so many around me. I want something real, and I know I can have it with her.

"But what if I want to?" she whispers.

My eyes drop to her lips and I pull her closer, the whole world fading away. She's all I can see. The way she looks at me, the way her breathing quickens... Yeah, this is a moment I'll always remember. I've never crossed any lines with her, but I don't think I can resist her tonight.

"Dance with me," I tell her, against better judgement. Her eyes widen a fraction, and then she nods, the edges of her lips tugging up.

I guide her to the crowded dance floor that was built outside for Rosé's birthday, yet standing here with her, underneath the stars, I don't know. It feels special, despite the dozens of people laughing and twirling around us.