chapter fourteen

*Oli's POV*

   My jaw drops. Her mom is laying here, dead in her own pool of blood. I kneel next to her. "Mrs. Reed.", I say slightly moving her shoulder. No response.
   I look at the hatch door. Then her mom gasps for air and grabs my wrist. It scares the shit out of me. I jump and try to back up but her grip is strong.
   "R-Run. S-She'll kill you too.", she says and let's go of my wrist and dies. I'm completely frightened. I smell Jennifer but I don't see her. Its odd for a werewolf to shift during the day.

    Especially new wolves. I look around more. Following her scent again. It leads to her room. I walk into her room. "Jennifer?" I call out for her. No response.
   I walk over to where the scent is at its strongest which is the closet. I come close to the closet and I hear panting and sniffling. "Jennifer?", I calmly call out for her again.
   "J-Just go away. I'll harm you too.", she says. I can tell shes been crying. "Jennifer, come out. Please.", I say. She opens the closet and stands up.

   She has blood all over her. She has on a black sun dress. Very loose. She sits on her bed. "Tell me what happened?", I ask. She sighs and wipes her tears away.
   "I came home after we did it last night. I wanted to see my mom. We got into an argument, I had no control of my anger and I shifted into a werewolf and attacked her.
    I was blinded by rage.", she says. "I understand. I've attacked love ones from being blinded by rage. I was angry and I shifted and kill a loved one very close to me.", I say.

    She looks at me and hugs me. "I killed the last remaining family member. I have no one else.", she says and starts to cry again. I pick her up bridal style and carry her back to my house.
   When we get back to my house, I give her some PJs and she jumps in the shower. At this point, its about 2pm. She comes back into the room fully dressed.
   "I'm tired. I'm just gonna sleep.", she says and lays on the bed. I lay next to her. I hold her and we slowly fall asleep.

*Jennifer's POV*

   I walk back home after me and Oli had our fun. I walk through the door and my mom comes and greets me with a hug. She brings me into the house.
   We start talking and then we start fighting. I don't know what its about but I start changing and my mom starts to scream and freak the fuck out.
   Blinded by rage, I attack her. Once I realize what I did, I drag her body up to the attic. I shift human and run to my closet. I stay in my closet until the next day. 

   I didn't sleep. I cry until Oli found me. I put on a sun dress. I hear him call my name but I didn't want him to see that im covered in blood.
   He picks me up and carries me back to his house. He gives some PJs and I jump into the shower. I go back to the room fully clothed and very tired. I lay down.
   "I'm tired. I just want to sleep.", I say. Oli crawls in bed next to me and holds me close to him. I didn't sleep though. I know Oli fell asleep. Soon, maybe an hour later, I start to fall asleep.

*later *

   I wake up sweating and breathing heavily. I look over and Oli is gone. I get up and start frantically looking for Oli. I go up to the 1st floor of the floor and start calling for Oli but theres no response.
   I grab one of his shirts and inhale his scent. I pick up his scent and follow it. His scent leads back to my house which I find very odd. I follow the scent and its strongest in my room.
   I go into my room to see Oli laying on my bed. "Oli?", I ask he looks up at me. "Yeah. I'm here. Let's go back home. I don't know how I even got here.", he says.

   I grab his hand and we start walking back to his house. On our way back to his house that I realize something wasn't right. I feel kind of sick. I just brush it off and continue to walk with Oli back home. We both go back into the room and go to sleep.