chapter eight

*next day. Oli's POV*

   I wake up to see Jennifer laying against me. I must have fallen asleep not so long after her. I check the time on my watch. 9am. I'll let her sleep but she's on me so I'll just go back to sleep but I fail.
   Once I'm awake, I can't sleep until all the energy is out. Then I can sleep. I sit in bed and pet her hair gently. Her hair is so soft. She moves a little.
   Shes like an angel. Her beautiful face with a few cuts and bruises just break my heart. Shes so beautiful. I gently stroke her cheek. She stirs a little and her eyes flutter open.

    "Mornin.", she says and stretches. "Morning.", I say. She wraps her arms around me. I smile and watch her fully wake up. "Are we still in the room we fell asleep in?" She asks.
   I nod and say "yes we are. I have to get you back home". She starts frantically shaking her head. "No. No. I can't go back. I don't wanna go back.", she says, panicking.
   "Its okay. Your dad is dead.", I say. She starts to to calm down and nods. "Your mom is worried sick about you. She hasn't seen you since we brought you here.

   She'll see your stitches and bandages. You will be okay.", I say. She smiles hugs me. "I trust you.", she says. I hug her back. "Okay.", I say. 
   We get up and we start walking back to her house. We talk on the way there. Its not very far but we walk slowly so we get there later. At one point she grabs my hand.
   We hold hands until we finally got to her house.

*Jennifers's POV*

   He walks me home. I grab his hand and he never pulls away like he wanted to hold my hand. We hold hands until we get to my house. I call out for mom.
   She rushes down the stairs and hugs me, making me nearly fall over. "Oh my god. Are you okay, baby?", she asks, doing what a mother does when her child is hurt.
   "Mom, I'm fine. Let's go in and relax. Its hot out here.", I say and the three of us walk into the house. The house is like 50° but outside is like 90°.

   We just relax for the day. Oli goes back home late that night. I fall asleep and had my first dream. No more nightmares.

* Next day*

   I wake up at 6am for school. I put on a knee length black skirt, black fishnet leggings, 2 inch black platform boots, a black spaghetti strap shirt, and a black leather jacket.
   My makeup is black eyeliner and black lipstick. I grab my backpack and head out the door. I get in my car and drive to school. It takes me 10 minutes to get ready.
   Its 6:10am now and school doesn't start for another 50 minutes. The preppy and athletic girls and their preppy and athletic boyfriends get there around the same time.

   They scare me a little bit. The fear of being beat by someone who isnt my father.
   As soon as I get out for my car, all the preps and athletics stare at me. I kept my chin up and walk happily to the music room. I hide my fear and walk.
   Few of them follow me. Right as I get to the music room, they shove me into the door. "You stupid little emo bitch".