Chapter 20

After leaving septimus my heart was broken. I stayed away from him only occasionally going back to Wiltshire to check on him. I would go back and ask someone if they knew septimus Malfoy if they did I would ask what he had been doing in recent years and then compel them to forget me asking. When I had gone back after not being for 5 yesrs and heard of his marriage and son a bitter mix of pain and happiness stuck me.

I was of course happy for septimus, he had wanted a son to continue his Malfoy name and I had wished for him to find love again. None the less it hurt to have been replaced. Jealousy crippled me. I didn't return until 20 years later. Septimus had passed at the age of only 55 but back then that was a pretty good age. It felt as though I had been heartbroken all over again. I went to the riverside cafe in which we had met. Sitting by the window staring out at the water a few tears fell from my face for septimus.

"Miss are you alright" a voice asked causing me to jump a little. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you Miss, you just seem terribly upset. Very unfortunate for a women as beautiful as yourself to be sad" he spoke his voice familiar and gentle. "Yes I'm fine thank you, I'm sorry, I just lost a friend." I smiled. "I understand the feeling I recently lost my father" the young man empathised. I drew in a breath. It couldn't be. I didn't seek him out. It was natural. As if fate. "My name is Athena, my condolences in regards to your father" I said. "Abraxas Malfoy and thank you, condolences about your friend" he replied.

My relationship with abraxas was much shorter lived than the relationship I had with septimus. I really didn't have any intention of being with him at first, I spoke to him because he reminded me greatly of his father. And it was pleasant and I was lonely. Unsurprisingly I fell for him. He was kind and gentle similar to his father. Going back to Malfoy manor was incredibly strange, it felt like yesterday I was here playfully running from septimus.

I stayed in the life of abraxas Malfoy for only around 6 months until Enzo found me and gave me another harsh reality check. I compelled him just as I had done to septimus and then slipped out of his life. Abraxas married soon after my leaving of Malfoy manor for the second time. He had a son also. I paid a visit to Wiltshire once every 5 years to inquire about his wellbeing. And to visit the grave of septimus. It had become a ritual to bring flowers to his grave, I would stand by his grave for half an hour and talk to him as if he could hear. Update him on whatever nonsense I had been up to, shed a tear lay my flowers and leave.

Enzo knew about this ritual and he was definitely not enthused. But I didn't care. Septimus meant to much to me for so long and I never could see myself completely moved on. Until I met abraxas's son.