Chapter 2 : "Revenge"

I̸t̸'̸s̸ P̸O̸V̸

It'd been months since Cleo had been around.

Not a single hermit still recognised her name though. If you went up to any of them and asked them who Cleo was, they wouldn't have the faintest clue.

And that, is on purpose, of course.

'...Shelby and I tried to keep that demon contained, truly. The world completely tore itself apart, and Shelby's staff was long lost in our panic to survive. I have reason to believe that that damned demon that possessed me now has cursed them.'
+~Sam.G~+

It hadn't been too hard to bury Sam's theories. Even if they were just diary entries, not yet acted upon yet. Simply repossessing him and Shelby along with the help of my new little zombie made my job far easier than it should've been.

Anyway, back to my star of the show.

They weren't too hard to manipulate. Once she died, she respawned around near where my little puppet Sam was, and it really wasn't too hard to make the Hermits believe they'd never existed. And BOY, they're gullible.

And Cleo, well, with a little bit of manipulation and memory erasing, she was none the wiser.

They stand at my side alongside Sam and Shelby, and I believe I could probably rope EX into this too, seeing as we're old friends, after all.

Grian doesn't stand a chance.

He may've escaped me once, but not this time.

They gave me an order.

I won't- no, I can't let Them down.

Cleo's POV

Slipping onto Hermitcraft hadn't been too hard.

I just passed as a normal zombie, and it was like they remembered me perfectly. Only they didn't.

Because they fucking left me, after all.

T̸h̸e̸y̸̸̸ sent me in to look for Shelby's staff. Because apparently, I have the best chance. Sam would trigger Grian and put everyone on high alert, and Shelby isn't even whitelisted, so that'd also give the game away.

He says he wants to use it to "Return Grian home", whatever that means.

Via Evolution or something?

Some stalker people???

He was rambling a lot, in my defence.

I haven't any empathy to spare for the Hermits though, not when they left me for dead, yet spent weeks searching for Grian. How is my life any less favoured than his? I'm still a Hermit!

They allow EX to roam the world, but not me?

They don't know what I've got coming for them.

Anyway, I managed to sneak into Grian's base easily enough. The staff seemed to be glowing as I approached it, so reasonably enough, I assumed it was the one I was looking for, and grabbed it.

...

Let's just say that it wasn't my fault what happened, shall we?

"What the hell's up with that zombie!?"

"Gem, get back!!"

Grian and Gem. Of course.

They darted over from Gem's base, staring me down as the staff's glow began to run into my veins, burning. It burned like hell, that was a definite.

My mind wasn't its own anymore. I didn't have the free will to follow h̸i̸m̸ anymore. I just did.

I couldn't stop myself attacking Grian on sight.

But it's not like I wanted to stop myself anyway.

Or did I?

I can't remember.

I can hardly remember my name these days.

Only one thing's for sure. They left me for dead.

Before I knew it, h̸e̸ was behind me, taking the staff from my hands. Grian was... unconscious? When did I do that? Anyway, he was unconscious on the grass, and Gem was being held back by Sam and Shelby.

We can't have any witnesses, can we now?

H̸e̸ set me to carrying Grian, and we left the server, the only trace of our visit being the slight purple singe on the grass.

Those Hermits, huh?

They'll pay. They all will.