Chapter 2 : Part One

Chapter 2

beloved by all

Part One
•Prince•

.

.

Xiao Lan shifted his gaze, blankly observing the hustle and bustle of the streets.

The Shangyuan Heavenly Ceremonial Procession has taken place.

"I wonder," Xiao Lan's quiet mutter still caught Min's attention. "If humans still deserve mother's care."

.

.

.

.

There on the grand stage at the end of the procession, pulled by sixteen horses, stands the God-Pleasing Warrior—the apple of everyone's eyes. The performance on the stage is hooking and beautiful, as if the God-Pleasing Warrior is stealing the souls of the audience.

Two figures appear out of place amongst this sea of people who admire the warrior. One had an obvious sneer on his lips and the other simply watches the procession. There was no ripple of emotions in his eyes, just like a mirror's surface.

"Nauseating," Min whispered with a frown. "Even someone like me has a conscience." This kingdom's prosperity was built upon the lives of innocent people. Its rich culture is an amalgamation of all the villages they invaded in the past.

Min still remembers with such clarity how the soldiers besieged the villages in the darkness of the night. He remembers how Xiao Lan refused to speak for many years. It reached the point when Min thought that the other had permanently turned mute.

Fortunately, after more than a decade, Xiao Lan finally spoke his first words.

"Min-ge, let's wait for a hundred years. When the time comes that Xian City, no, rather, Xianle Kingdom is ruled by kings and queens with hearts as cruel as those merchants, resulting in their subjects' misery, then there's no point in its existence."

This child's heartless words of erasing an entire kingdom's existence sounded odd coming from him, but what caught Min off guard at that time was how Xiao Lan casually mentioned waiting for a hundred years.

He had always known that this child was special, but it never crossed his mind that Xiao Lan's identity was more than just a human. However, despite the numerous questions rearing to be asked, Min never once allowed those curiosities into the world.

Because Min has this feeling that it is something he shouldn't know about.

Something that no one must know.

Hence, Min simply threw those questions at the back of his mind, forever forgotten.

"Are you staying here to watch the end of the procession?" He couldn't help but ask Xiao Lan. "It seems like the Crown Prince is the main show." The Crown Prince who had the blood of those cruel merchants.

Xiao Lan remained quiet, acting like an uninterested bystander. Min sighs at this and is not at all surprised by this child's reaction. A century ago, Xiao Lan lost all his appreciation for life. The smile that had always been on his lips never showed up again, and he now resembles a porcelain doll that knew nothing about expressing his joys and sorrows.