Compliments

Request: nah

Pairing: Sanemi Shinazugawa X Reader

Warnings: nah. You're mitsuri's sister in this.

Title: "Compliments"

"Oh my God! Will you shut the hell up! You're breathing too damn heavy!" Sanemi yelled from the other side of the raging demon. You scoffed.

"Seriously? My bad, I guess getting your guts twisted isn't enough to be breathing heavily!" You yelled, slashing through another one of the demon's attacks.

Sanemi cut another slash on his leg, to lure the demon more towards him, so that you could get the finishing blow. However, when you raised your nichirin blade to cut the demon's neck, it's arm waved quickly behind itself, and you dodged, mostly, anyways.

Your singular braid that was once a part of your hair was now laid on the ground, limp and severed. "Dammit!" Sanemi sliced the demon's head off as you stood there, jaw slack as you stared at your (gone) hair.

Once the demon had disappeared, Sanemi looked at you, and held in his giggles. He bit down on his hand. Your green to pink hair was now gone, and it was basically your entire life.

What would Mitsuri think?

Sanemi's shoulders shook as his laughs grew louder.

You angrily looked up at him. "God, will you just cut me some slack?"

"You mean like your hair?" Sanemi cackled as your expression went dead pan.

"Oh boy that's good. Come on naked mole rat. We gotta get back to the butterfly mansion." he laughed again as he started walking.

You looked offended. "A naked what!?"

-

The next day, there was a Hashira meeting. You were the flower pillar, so you had no choice but to attend.

-

You were one of the last to arrive, and you had your haori pulled over your head.

-

Sanemi laughed once he looked at you. "Aw, why don't you show us all your new hair-do, Kanroji!"

-

Everyone's eyes turned to her as she slowly dropped her haori down to reveal her shoulder length green hair.

-

"Flamboyant, my busty best friend!" Tengen wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

-

That was one.

-

"Wow! It really suits you, Kanroji! Congratulations!" Rengoku piped up, loudly.

-

That was two.

-

Mitsuri gasped. "What happened? Who did this to you!?"

-

You laughed. "It just happened during a mission, is all. No big deal, Mitsuri."

-

Mitsuri smiled. "Alright, then. I think you look gorgeous, Y/n."

-

You smiled back at her and behind her you saw Giyuu look your way.

-

He began to walk towards the two of you quietly, and when he cleared his throat, Mitsuri jumped, startled.

-

"You look great, Kanroji." he said, simply.

-

Sanemi couldn't hold back a scoff.

-

You blushed and smiled at him. "Thanks, Tomioka."

-

He nodded respectfully and withdrew himself back to his original spot beside Rengoku.

-

Whom of which said, "You seem happier and more confident with your new look. It's great!"

You smiled happily. "Thank you guys, all of you, really."

After the meeting, The Hashira dispersed to move onto their next task, and Sanemi came up to you.

"It's not disgusting, I guess," he said, looking away.

You raised a brow.

"You suck at this whole compliment thing, you know. Have you never gotten a compliment?" you smirked at the white haired man.

He blushed. "What? Of course I have- not really, no."

"I'll start, then. Sanemi, I really like your scars. They add character to your features and make you look more of a rugged handsome. How was that?" you smiled.

That was the most meaningful thing this man had ever heard in his life because the way his face lit up, without smiling, of course, made your heart swell.

His eyes were wide and unbelieving, cheeks red as his hand reached up to touch the large scar going across his face gently.

You giggled. "And that's when you say, thank you."

He produced a soft, genuine smile, and looked up at you.

"Thank you."