𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

6 weeks later

6 weeks later.

The six weeks flew by. Tim and I got to know the babies better and better. My mother helped us wherever she could, and I was very grateful for that, but they were leaving us in a week and Tim was also starting  earlier than expected. A lot happened at the station while we were at home. Talia has left the station and returned to New York. I knew she missed home, and she kept telling me that she was looking for a job there, which she has now found. She came by again to say goodbye to all of us and promised to visit us as often as she could. Now that Talia is gone, Nolan is getting a new trainer and according to some people, it will be Nyla Harper. I've heard about her, she's supposed to be deep in the undercover scene, but I've never met her.

Another thing that came as a surprise was the death of the captain. Grey had visited us that evening and told us the news in person. Grey didn't know what would happen next either. A new detective, Nick Armstrong, was also part of the team. I knew Armstrong, but I was never a fan of his and never will be. Also, Lucy and the other rookies have the results of their midterms, Lucy was second only to Nolan, and I've never seen Tim so proud.

Lucy and Liam's relationship also developed, and after a long time, I finally got to see Liam the way I loved him the most. However, Liam will be flying back with my parents before he moves here for good. I'm pretty positive that this relationship can withstand this distance.

My thoughts were interrupted by Tim's voice. "Look, there's mommy." I looked up and saw Tim holding Aurora in his arms. I smiled as Tim lay down next to me with Aurora. "Is she hungry?" I asked as Tim shook his head, "She was hungry, I gave her the bottle. I didn't want to wake you up, you were still sleeping so peacefully." My smile widened, "You're so sweet" I said and kissed Tim on the lips. I noticed Tim trying to deepen the kiss, but I pulled my head back and brushed a finger against Tim's chest. "Don't even think about it." Tim looked at me with a grin, "We'll see about that today." As the twins were now six weeks old, I had my check-up appointment today, and Tim had been reminding me of this appointment every day for a week. I haven't seen Tim this horny in a long time, for him the six weeks plus the weeks that I just lay in bed and couldn't move had been torture. 

"Don't tell me you're not happy to finally have my ..." "Tim," I said, throwing a pillow in his face. "We have a little visitor here who hears and sees everything and seeing how she came to be doesn't have to be yet." I figured Tim thought Aurora was asleep, but she was wide awake and kept trying to turn her head in the direction where the voices were coming from. Tim laughed, and I knew exactly why, my face turned bright red after my speech. We both knew I was using Aurora as an 'excuse' so that I didn't have to talk about it. Tim and I had a very active sex life before the twins arrived, and maybe that's why they came so unplanned. "I knew it," he said, leaning over and kissing me on the forehead. "Why so shy all of a sudden when you talk to Angela about it ..." "Tim," I shouted and slapped my hands over my face, my face turning redder and redder. I didn't need to say anything, Tim knew, of course, use I missed his closeness, our nightly events, the secret meetings in the chamber at work.