Immortality? No thanks...

Luke's "funeral" was... something.

He hoped he got to Elysium.

He hoped.

Anyway, the hours passed a little too fast for Percy. He barely knew where he was standing. Barely knew what he was doing. Barely knew what he was saying.

He was in autopilot

"Percy Jackson!!" His father thundered. The name echoed in the hall.

Names have power a voice in the back of his mind provided.

Percy hoped he didn't look as lost as he felt. 

Everyone was watching him, everyone just watching him.

Nice. Hahaha, ignore my sobbing.

Percy went forward to the center of the room. Hestia gave him a reassuring smile. She was happy of being near the fire again, glowing bright as ever.

He went in automatic again, bowing to Zeus before kneeling before his father.

"Raise, my son." His father said.

He stood up and hesitated.

"A great hero must be rewarded." He proclaimed. "Is there anyone here who would deny that my son is deserving?"

He thought that someone would pipe up, knowing that no god liked him, knowing that most of the time they didn't agree.

But no one did.

Huh, they do agree sometimes...

Was he hearing voices or was it his imagination?

"The Council agrees," Zeus said. "Percy Jackson, you will have one gift from the gods."

Percy hesitated. "Any gift...?"

Zeus nodded. "I know what you will ask. The greatest gift of all. Yes, if you want it, it shall be yours. The gods have not bestowed this gift on a mortal hero in many centuries, but, Perseus Jackson—if you wish it—you shall be made a god. Immortal. Undying. You shall serve as your father's lieutenant for all time."

Percy stared at him, stunned, surprised, "Um.... A god?"

Zeus rolled his eyes. "A dimwitted god, apparently. But yes. With the consensus of the entire Council, I can make you immortal. Then I will have to put up with you forever."

I mean... you get to annoy them forever... 

'Shut up' Percy thought, 'Lemme think...'

He couldn't accept that.

He didn't want to become like them.

What?

Becoming a god would mean he'd have to leave all his friends, his mother... 

"No." He decided.

Percy also decided to ignore the little voice in the back of his mind, silent but at the same time screaming.

Everyone was surprised, some happy, some confused, some not really caring.

"No?" Zeus said. "You are . . . turning down our generous gift?"

It was a dangerous game Percy was playing, but he wasn't planning to lose.

"I'm honored and everything," he said. "Don't get me wrong. It's just... I've got a lot of life left to live. I'd hate to peak in my sophomore year."

He wanted to live a normal (well, as normal as a half-blood could) life.

"I do want a gift, though," Percy said. "Do you promise to grant my wish?"

What could be better than immortality?

Zeus thought about this. "If it is within our power."

"It is," he said. "It's not even difficult. But I need your promise on the River Styx."  

"What?" Dionysus cried. "You don't trust us?"

OF COURSE HE DOESN'T!

"Someone once told me," he said, glancing at his uncle, "you should always get a solemn oath."

Hades shrugged. "Guilty."

"Very well!" Zeus growled. "In the name of the Council, we swear by the River Styx to grant your reasonable request as long as it is within our power."

Thunder!

"From now on, I want to you properly recognize the children of the gods," Percy said. "All the children... of all the gods." 

It was only fair.

The Olympians weren't really happy with that.

"Percy," my father said, "what exactly do you mean?"

"Kronos couldn't have risen if it hadn't been for a lot of demigods who felt abandoned by their parents," he said. "They felt angry, resentful, and unloved, and they had a good reason."

Yeah actually you're right.
'Will you shut up?'

Zeus's royal nostrils flared. "You dare accuse—!" 

"No more undetermined children," he said. "I want you to promise to claim your children—all your demigod children—by the time they turn thirteen. They won't be left out in the world on their own at the mercy of monsters. I want them claimed and brought to camp so they can be trained right and survive." 

He wasn't letting it happen again.

You do take your promises seriously, don't you?

He knew someone said something, but stopping now, never.

"And the minor gods," Percy said. "Nemesis, Hecate, Morpheus, Janus, Hebe-—they all deserve a general amnesty and a place at Camp Half-Blood. Their children shouldn't be ignored. Calypso and the other peaceful Titan-kind should be pardoned too. And Hades—" 

"You're calling me a minor god?" Hades bellowed. 

"No, my lord," he would have rolled his eyes right there. "But your children should not be left out. They should have a cabin at camp. Nico has proven that. No unclaimed demigods will be crammed into the Hermes cabin anymore, wondering who their parents are. They'll have their own cabins, for all the gods. And no more pact of the Big Three. That didn't work anyway. You've got to stop trying to get rid of powerful demigods. We're going to train them and accept them instead. All children of the gods will be welcome and treated with respect. That is my wish." 

They are going to smite you.

'They aren't.'

They didn't.

Zeus snorted. "Is that all?"

Do you want him to keep going?!?!?!?

"Percy," Poseidon said, "you ask much. You presume much."

Not really... like- 

"I hold you to your oath," he smiled. "All of you." 

You did not just-

It was Athena who spoke.

"The boy is correct. We have been unwise to ignore our children. It proved a strategic weakness in this war and almost caused our destruction. Percy Jackson, I have had my doubts about you, but perhaps," she glanced at Annabeth, and then spoke as if she was eating a lemon-"perhaps I was mistaken. I move that we accept the boy's plan."

"Humph," Zeus said. "Being told what to do by a mere child. But I suppose . . ."

"All in favor," Hermes said. All the gods raised their hands. 

.... How did you get them to agree on that...?

"... Uh, thanks." Percy said.

He turned, but before he could leave, Poseidon called, "Honor guard!" Immediately the Cyclopes came forward and made two lines from the thrones to the door— an aisle for me to walk through. They came to attention. 

 "All hail, Perseus Jackson," Tyson said. "Hero of Olympus . . . and my big brother!"