Chapter 2: The Otherworldly Drawings

"Did you like what you saw in there?" Ian Kim, a shy and introverted person, asked her with a nervous smile on his face.

He had an otherworldly beauty that left a lasting impression on those who saw him. With graceful movements, he exuded a sense of power that was almost supernatural. He had chiselled features, silvery blonde hair, liquid silver eyes, and flawless skin that seemed to glow with an inner radiance. His presence was captivating, and he left people spellbound.

"Ian? Is this yours?" Aashana was surprised and quickly handed him the sketchbook.

"I'm sorry if my drawings frightened you. I never meant to," Ian apologized, noticing her shocked reaction.

"It's okay, Ian. Your sketches may be scary, but you have a real talent," Advika smiled.

Advika always saw the best in people and tried to uplift them when they needed it most. Ian was captivated by Advika 's fearlessness towards his drawings, unlike most people who would be scared and stay away from him. 

"I have to go now, Ian. Hope to catch you again for art class," Advika smiled and headed off towards the main road.

Ian smiled and nodded back. He felt that Advika was genuinely interested in him, unlike other girls on campus who only saw him as an attractive look-alike of a Kpop BTS member. As Advika walked down the street back to her home, she couldn't get Ian's drawings off her mind. She was curious about what was going on in Ian's head that made him draw such gory images.

Was he haunted by those creatures, or was he having trouble at home with his parents? Advika thought to herself quietly as she walked down the busy street that afternoon from the university. As Advika continued walking down the street lost in her thoughts, she couldn't help but feel concerned and doubtful about the situation. She wondered if the creatures were just a figment of his imagination or if was there something more to it.

Advika shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts, but the doubts kept creeping back in. She knew she had to talk to him, but she was also worried about how he would react. Would he be willing to open up to her or would he shut her out completely?

As she continued to ponder over the situation, Advika knew one thing for certain - she cared about this person deeply and would do whatever it took to help him. Advika had been secretly attracted to Ian Kim since their first semester at university. However, she was too nervous to confess her feelings to him, fearing that he would reject her because of her fat and ugly appearance.

After an exhausting journey from the university, she finally arrived at her house. Her feet were aching, and her body was tired, but she couldn't wait to relax in the comfort of her own home. She quickly unlocked the door, and as she stepped inside, she was greeted by the familiar scent of her own space.

With a sigh of relief, she carefully locked the gate and set the alarm system. She wanted to ensure that she was safe and secure in her home. As she walked into the kitchen, she tossed her house keys into the glass bowl on the counter, appreciating the sound they made as they clinked together.

Finally, she made her way to the living room, where she placed her bag on the soft couch. She sank into it, feeling the plush cushions enveloping her, and closed her eyes, savouring the quietness of her own space.

Feeling exhausted, she slumped on the couch and slowly switched on the television.

"Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed as the news grabbed her attention and she couldn't believe her eyes.

The news showed a creature that looked exactly like the one Ian Kim had drawn. This was unbelievable for her, especially because the broadcast was about an alien attack that had been happening recently. Her heart raced as she had her eyes glued to the news, trying to make sense of what had just happened. Was the attack real or had it all been just a bad dream?

With trembling hands, she pinched herself hard on the arm, hoping it was just a nightmare. But the searing pain that shot through her arm confirmed her fears. She shook her head frantically, trying to shake off the shock of what had happened. It was all too real and she knew she had to take action.

Advika couldn't believe what she had just seen on the news. The footage showed a starfish-shaped alien attacking a nearby city, causing destruction and chaos everywhere. She couldn't shake off the feeling that she had seen something like this before, but couldn't quite put her finger on it.

As she tried to make sense of what was happening, she noticed something strange outside her window. It was a flickering light, moving in a way that seemed almost unnatural. Curiosity getting the better of her, she decided to investigate.

As she stepped outside, she was hit by a sudden wave of dizziness. The world around her seemed to spin, and she felt herself losing consciousness. Just before she blacked out, she caught a glimpse of a figure in the distance, moving towards her.

When she came to, she was lying on the ground, with no memory of what had happened. The flickering light was gone, and there was no sign of the figure she had seen. Advika was left with a sense of unease, wondering what had just occurred, and whether it was connected to the alien attack she had seen on TV.

________________________________________________________________________________

What could have happened to Advika outside her house after she saw the flickering light? Will she try to reach out to Ian for help or come up with a plan on her own? How will her feelings towards Ian develop as she gets more involved in this situation?