Chapter 12: Veil of Deception

The secondary school loomed in front of Ian and Aadvika, its deserted halls offering a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos outside. They hurriedly made their way inside, their hearts racing with a mix of fear and adrenaline. Aadvika knew they had to be cautious; the aliens could be anywhere, lurking in the shadows, their otherworldly senses attuned to the slightest sound.

As they cautiously moved through the dimly lit corridors, Ian whispered, "What now, Aadvika? How do we stay hidden from these creatures?"

Aadvika glanced around, her mind working furiously. "We need to find a way to mask our presence. The queen alien is the only one who can see us, but the others rely on their hearing. If we can somehow create a distraction or disrupt their auditory senses, we might have a chance."

Ian nodded, his eyes scanning the hallway for any signs of movement. Suddenly, a muffled noise echoed from down the hall, causing both of them to freeze. They exchanged a worried look before pressing on, determined to find a solution before it was too late.

As they reached a fork in the corridor, Aadvika spotted a room marked "Auditorium" and an idea sparked in her mind. "Ian, follow me," she whispered, leading him towards the room.

Inside, rows of empty seats greeted them, the room bathed in an eerie silence. Aadvika hurriedly rummaged through the scattered props and equipment, her hands searching for something useful. Finally, she pulled out a microphone and a speaker system.

"I have an idea," Aadvika said, her eyes gleaming with determination. 

Ian was intrigued as he grabbed the gasoline can from inside the auditorium, "How did a gasoline can end up in here?"

Aadvika explained, "The school had a performance about Kannagi, who burned down the city of Madurai."

Ian was shocked, "Why did she do that?"

Aadvika elaborated, "Her husband was wrongly accused of theft and sentenced to death. Out of grief and anger, Kannagi destroyed the entire city."

Ian nodded in understanding and continued pouring gasoline around the auditorium. Seeing Ian was almost done, Aadvika took a deep breath before speaking into the microphone, her voice echoing through the auditorium.

"Attention, aliens!" she called out, her voice resonating with power. "You may think you have us trapped, but we are not going down without a fight. Prepare to face the wrath of humanity!"

Ian watched in awe as Aadvika's voice echoed through the room, sending shivers down his spine. Outside, the aliens stirred, their sensitive ears picking up the unfamiliar sound. Slowly, they began to converge towards the auditorium, drawn by the disruptive noise.

As the aliens drew closer, Ian and Aadvika braced themselves, ready to make their move. With a sudden burst of adrenaline, they sprinted out of the room, their footsteps echoing loudly in the hallway. The aliens followed their senses thrown into chaos by the noise.

Together, Ian and Aadvika raced towards the exit, their hearts pounding in unison. The mystery of the aliens still loomed over them, but in that moment, they were united in their fight for survival, their determination unwavering. 

Before Aadvika went downstairs, she held the match in her strong hand between her thumb and middle finger. She put her index finger behind the matchhead and held the matchbook in her other hand. Then, she pressed down with her index finger and quickly dragged the match across the striker strip.

She threw the matchstick through the auditorium window, igniting the entire room. They heard the aliens scream in pain as they burned in the flames. They then burst out into the night, the school fading behind them, a sliver of hope ignited in their hearts, propelling them forward into the unknown. 

As they hurried out of the school building, Aadvika grabbed Ian's arm to ask him a question that seemed obvious to her.

"What was happening with you and the queen earlier? What kind of arrangement did you make with her?" Aadvika inquired, intrigued.

Ian was stunned by Aadvika's sudden questions. He hadn't anticipated her probing at that moment. He grappled with the decision of whether to reveal the truth or shield her from it. Ultimately, her intense curiosity and determination compelled him to be candid with her.

Staring into Aadvika's eyes, Ian stated firmly, "Aadvika, I... I am one of them."

Aadvika was taken aback by his words. "You're what?' she exclaimed in disbelief.

Ian reached into his pocket and withdrew a shiny pocket knife, swiftly drawing it across his inner palm. Aadvika gasped in horror as she witnessed a strange black liquid seeping from the cut. As Ian turned to face her once more, she watched in shock as the wound on his palm miraculously healed itself. Aadvika was confused by what had happened and instinctively stepped back, finding it hard to believe.

Aadvika questioned whether she could rely on Ian to safeguard her. She even pondered whether Ian was involved in a devious scheme with the queen, driven by a greater, more sinister motive.

Ian observed Aadvika's subtle reaction and instinctively understood her thoughts about him at that moment. He felt a strong desire to reassure and persuade her that his intentions were sincere and that he was committed to safeguarding her and having her presence by his side at all times.

________________________________________________________________________________

🌟Stay tuned for the upcoming chapter to discover what unfolds next!