Chapter 16: Desperation and Deception

Aadvika's heart racing, she shoved the Queen alien aside and bolted out of the room, her mind filled with desperation as she searched frantically for Ian. The Queen's haunting laughter reverberated through the cold, metal walls of the mothership, sending shivers down Aadvika's spine as she frantically searched for Ian. 

As Aadvika burst into the room, frantically closing the doors behind her, Ian's expression revealed his surprise at her panicked state. He quickly moved to calm her, asking urgently what had happened with the Queen alien. As he checked her for injuries, Aadvika insisted that she was unharmed, but her trembling hands betrayed the fear she couldn't hide.

"Listen, Aadvika. There's only one way to handle her. We have to gain her trust," Ian whispered to Aadvika.

"How do we do that, Ian? She just made an inappropriate move on me," Aadvika said with a pained expression.

Ian hesitated, then asked, "Do you want to hear the truth?" Aadvika nodded, and he advised, "Then just go along with her."

Aadvika initially hesitated due to her overwhelming fear of potential harm should the Queen alien uncover their plan. She was deeply worried about the safety of both herself and Ian. However, Ian was able to persuade and genuinely convince her to carefully consider their next course of action.

"It's for our safety. We need to uncover the truth," Ian said as he held her tightly.

"Are you saying that you didn't go with them willingly?" Aadvika asked, tilting her head to look at him.

"My mom married one of them, who killed her after I was born. He took me in, which is why I'm asking you to go with the Queen. I'm familiar with this place," Ian explained, his voice filled with sorrow and a hint of desperation.

Aadvika was absolutely stunned to hear about his past, but she managed to keep her composure, relying on her unwavering trust in him. She felt a surge of confidence that Ian would shield her from the Queen alien, and she was determined to unravel the mysteries surrounding her own family.

"Now, return to your room. Stay composed and attentive. Just follow the Queen's instructions," Ian reassured her, gently caressing her chubby face. "I'll be by your side every step of the way." These words echoed in her mind, bringing her a sense of comfort and warmth that she desperately needed at that moment.

The blaring alarm, an ear-splitting jolt that echoed through the air, disrupted the eerie silence of the alien compound. With a sense of urgency, the alien guards summoned us for dinner, their booming voices echoing down the cold corridors. It was then that loud, insistent knocks on Ian's door shattered the tense atmosphere, signalling the guards' demand for him to leave the room. Reacting swiftly, Ian shielded Aadvika behind the door, his muscles tensed in readiness and cautiously opened it in defensive mode, bracing himself to confront the imposing figures of the guards.

Ian stared down at the guard who blocked his path, his eyes filled with stern authority. "The Queen is expecting you," he growled.

"Only me?" Ian asked, trying to sound confident despite his nerves.

The guard nodded. "And the girl too," he replied before walking away, leaving him with a sense of suspense mixed with tension.

Ian's hands trembled slightly as he carefully coaxed Aadvika out from behind the door, his heart racing with the weight of their risky plan. Turning to her, he spoke urgently, "We need to make it look like we're fighting. It's the only way to gain her trust individually," his voice tinged with a mix of determination and apprehension.

Aadvika tightly grasped her assignment, her heart pounding in her chest as tears welled up in her eyes. With a deep breath, she summoned all her strength and began her performance. She forcefully pushed Ian to the ground, letting out a guttural yell that seemed to emanate genuine anger. Her goal was to keep her mind filled with fury, creating a mental barrier to block the Queen's ability to read her thoughts.

The guards, startled by the chaotic scene, rushed to pull Aadvika away as she continued to appear embroiled in conflict with Ian. The Queen's initial shock transformed into a sly satisfaction as she watched the commotion unfold. Despite her inability to delve into Aadvika's mind, the Queen was pleased to witness what appeared to be a heated altercation between Ian and Aadvika unfolding before her.

Ian watched her reaction, filled with regret and sorrow, and hurried over to her, bowing deeply. "I recognize my mistake. I shouldn't have betrayed you, my Queen. Please find it in your heart to forgive me," he implored, his voice trembling with emotion.

The Queen, towering over Ian, lifted him from the floor and with a mixture of compassion and resignation, uttered, "Men will be men."

"I promise, I will never betray my kind again. Please, find it in your heart to forgive me, my Queen," Ian's plea echoed through the metallic walls of the mothership, tinged with desperation and remorse.

"Guards, take him to my chambers and restrain him," the Queen's voice was firm and unwavering as she issued the command to her guards, her eyes reflecting a complex mix of authority and sadness.

Aadvika's mind was consumed by burning anger, a protective barrier against the Queen alien's invasive influence. She felt the strain of maintaining this emotional fortress, knowing she couldn't hold out forever. At that moment, she locked eyes with Ian and found solace in his gentle gaze, a reassuring beacon urging her to stand strong. With his silent support, she summoned every ounce of her courage and defied the Queen alien, fortifying her mental shields once more.