5.- The Questions of a Lonely Heart

The battle the day before had left him too hurt... So General Olivera had given him the day off... Everything hurt to him...

However, at 4:17 in the afternoon, he received a call from the General's office, so he left the infirmary. It didn't take him long to arrive, but upon entering the office, he realized that General Olivera was not there, but Lucy was there (A 30-year-old girl, who helped General Olivera from time to time, apart from the fact that she was his apprentice).

- Hello Lucy, and General Olivera? -.

- It's not here -.

- Oh, do you know what time he returns? -asked 4 - A while ago I received a call from him, asking me to come to his office -.

- He left the base a few hours ago... - said the girl - And I was the one who called you, since he left me in charge -.

Upon hearing this, the blue-eyed man was surprised, since General Olivera never left the base, unless it had been a very intense emergency. Meanwhile, Lucy sat at the General's desk.

- So, you were Nicolás' apprentice? -.

- That's right Lucy -.

She smiled, as she took out a map from one of the drawers.

- Did he ever tell you about the bases of the Namazzi meander? - the green-eyed girl asked him.

- Well, only once, but it was a long time ago -.

-And what did he tell you about them? -.

- From base 100 to base 106 are located in the Nox forest, all of them are "Connected" by the Namazzi meander, which ends in Lake Azanthiras - said SMG4 - He never mentioned what was done in those bases, I only know that the Villains have been trying to take them -.

At the same time, Lucy began to make a disapproving face as she opened the map on the table.

- Well, look, this is a map of the Nox forest and this is base 106 - he said, pointing to a red dot that was on the map - However, an hour ago it began to be attacked by a group of Villains -.

The blue-eyed man let out a sigh. It was customary that every day the Villains they will attack a base.

- So they asked me to send a Sun who was very skilled in combat and rescue - he continued explaining - So, I started to think and in the end, I sent the official order for you to be the chosen one from base 12 -.

- THAT?! - shouted 4 - ARE YOU CRAZY LUCY?! -.

- Oh come on, nothing bad is going to happen - she responded, with her spoiled voice.

- DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I'M STILL HURT FROM YESTERDAY'S BATTLE?! -.

Lucy changed her friendly face to an angry face quickly, as she stood up from the desk.

- I LOOK LIKE I CARE?! - he said coldly - THE GENERAL LEFT ME IN CHARGE, SO YOU HAVE TO OBEY ME! -.

4 I had never seen Lucy so angry, so she fell off her chair out of fear.

- SO FOLLOW THIS FUCKING ORDER, SMG4 AND IF I FIND OUT THAT YOU FAILED, I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! - he said pointing - WAS IT CLEAR!? -.

- Ye-yes Lucy... -.

He then quickly left the place, while Lucy made fun of him... When he arrived at his room, he felt a very intense pain in his injured leg, while Eggdog and Beeg came over to see if he was okay...

At that moment he began to cry again... Only this time it was a cry of helplessness... Lucy was going to force him to go to a base that was too far away on a suicide mission... And no one could do anything anymore to save him...

He approached the desk and from one of the drawers took a bottle of pink and lilac pills that were used to take away the pain in minutes. The doctors had given them to him the same day he had shot him in the arm, (Even though it had been a week ago, it still hurt too much)...

He opened it, took 2 pills, then took his uniform, his backpack and his cape, while the little ones asked him what was happening.

- We have a mission... - 4 began to say - And we are going to have to go very far... -.

Eggdog and Beeg started making sounds of indignation, anger, worry, and/or sadness. Since they knew that if SMG4 went on that mission, he would most likely get hurt more than he already was...

- Listen, I know this is very dangerous... - said the blue-eyed man - But it was an order from Lucy, and you know that she is a bitch and I don't want her to do anything to them... -.

At that moment, the little ones pounced on 4 and gave him a little hug... After that, they helped him put his things in his backpack... Meanwhile, SMG4 kept General Rainstore's sword in a piece of cloth. Then he put it on his belt and began to put on his uniform...

Once they finished that, he went to the Nursing area, where they gave him another ration of medication, in addition to giving him another bottle of pills... Then, he went to the training area, to pick up his equipment... Only when he was already, he was on his way out, when he met Sori and Evan...

- Hello 4! - Evan said.

- Hello Evan and Sori... -.

- Why are you sad? - Sori asked.

- Well, Lucy forced me to go on a very dangerous mission... - the blue-eyed man began to explain - But I still haven't completely recovered from all my previous injuries -.

The 2 boys were speechless, but after that, Sori smiled and gave 4 a hug.

- I know you're going to do great! - said.

- Don't let the witch Lucy scare you, you're going to make it! - Evan added.

The blue-eyed man smiled, while the three of them gave each other a hug... Once he said goodbye to Sori and Evan, he went out to the kitchen, where he collected his provisions... Then he headed towards the exit, where they gave him the necessary information. to go to base 106... Immediately afterwards, he said goodbye to the guards and left in the direction of base 106...

It was the 8th of December, so it was probably going to snow... Apart from the fact that the temperature was already somewhat low... Thanks to that, SMG4 felt a lot of pain in all his wounds... But he couldn't go back...