6.- The Wounds of a Body

A Sometimes life takes too many turns, especially when everyone seems to be against you. Now everything was so confusing... Since the day his Master (General Rainstore) died, SMG4 began to realize that many things did not make sense. Now he had too many doubts and no one knew how to answer him. It was obvious that both he and the general had discovered something that was possibly very important for the villains, that's why they had killed him... But now... What were they going to do to him?...

To get to Base 106, it was important that you follow the Namazzi Meander River, as it guided you to Lake Azanthiras. Since this lake was very close to the base, so the Suns used to use it as a reference. SMG4 had never gone this far on a mission, so (although he didn't show it) he was very afraid, since the forest of Nox was known for being full of Villains, who attacked anyone who dared to enter...

So I was taking good care of Beeg and Eggdog, to prevent them from falling into the meander with water and also prevent the Villains from capturing them. His leg, his chest and his shoulder still hurt a lot, but he knew that if he returned the Suns could give him an even worse punishment... He felt trapped, unable to move forward (By fear), but I couldn't go back either...

After walking for a while, he felt a pain in his leg, so he stopped for a while and sat in the shade of a tree.

- Ugh... If we follow this step, we will never reach base 106 -.

Eggdog and Beeg noticed how tired 4 was, so they lay down with him for a while. The pain rose and rose, so to try to distract himself, he closed his eyes and began to remember, but for some strange reason, he began to see the Lord of Shadows, right in front of him... He also remembered that fateful day in the Showgrounds... After a few minutes in his nightmare, he began to calm down, while at the same time his pain was decreasing...

Then they continued on their way, following the Namazzi meander again. It was a nice place (Despite being infested with Villains), especially in winter, since the snow made almost everything turn a beautiful white color. They continued advancing for a long time, until it started to snow. Beeg and Eggdog started playing, while the blue-eyed boy simply watched them...
Watching them play like that reminded him of the Showgrounds...
On his adventures with his friends...

They arrived at Lake Azanthiras, just as they had told him, base 106 was close there, so he began to put on his equipment. After that he loaded his gun with the 28 bullets they had given him (He didn't want to, but he knew that if he wasn't armed, the Villains would see him as an easier target). Then, he took the sword that the General had left him.

- Eggdog... Beeg... You have to promise me that if something serious happens, you guys will go hide, no matter what happens to me... -.

Eggdog and Beeg began to make noises of anger, surprise and indignation.

- Listen... I can't lose you, I have to prevent something bad from happening to you... -.

The little ones began to make sounds of sadness, while they began to cry, the message was too obvious...
They didn't want to lose their dad...
Not after having been together for 4 years...

SMG4 also began to feel his eyes filling with tears, but he didn't want anything bad to happen to Eggdog and Beeg...
They were the last thing he had left...
And he was willing to give his life for them...

4 wiped away his tears, however he felt the weight of a huge rock in his heart, just as he felt a very tight knot in his throat. I was too scared, but I had to be strong for him, Eggdog and Beeg. The three of them began to advance carefully and hidden towards the base, suddenly they began to smell an intense smell of burnt metal, so they climbed one of the trees that was there. When they were at the top, they saw that the base was being bombed by a group of about 14 Villains, however, they saw how there were still people inside...

- Ok... We have to enter through the back, so that no one sees us -.

Immediately afterwards the blue-eyed boy came down from the tree, then helped Beeg and Eggdog. Then they began to advance along one of the snow mountains that were formasis for the storm. Once they reached the back entrance,4 I use the clock to hack the door and enter...

Inside the base, he noticed that it was a rookie base (I mean they were just guys who had just joined the Suns) so they were very scared, 4 put on the teleporter Orb and told the rookies where to enter, once who had already entered, took the Orb-teleporter and headed to more parts of the base. Sadly, there were too many rookies dead because of the explosions... Once he finished, he prepared to leave, but he noticed that Eggdog was missing... He started searching everywhere, but he couldn't found it...Until he heard 2 Villains...

- Hey Michael! Look what I found -.

- And now that? -.

- He's a stupid Dog-egg -.

- JASON, WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT FROM?! -.

- I was inside the base... I wonder how long it will take to kill you... - the Villain said with a smile.

The Villain walked away from his partner laughing, while 4 and Beeg watched the scene... Once the Villain was alone, he kicked Eggdog and started mocking him... Eggdog started crying... While SMG4 began to feel furious, so much so that he came out of his hiding place and shot... The guy fell dead... Eggdog, upon seeing the blue-eyed boy and Beeg, ran back with them, the little guy was trembling and crying, while the other 2 gave a hug to calm him down...

- Don't worry... Nothing bad will happen to you... - 4 told them with a soft voice.

But he spoke too fast...

- JASON?! - I'm listening.

The other Villains arrived.

- You... MISERABLE BASTARD!! -.

SMG4 usually felt guilty when he shot some Villains, but this time he enjoyed it. However, when he saw the Villains crying he began to feel a little guilty. Then one of the Villains pounced on him, causing 4 he had taken his gun again, only this time he shot towards the ground (As if to scare the Villains).

The Villains began to shoot him, as did the blue-eyed man (Although it was very unfair, since there were 15 of them and SMG4 was alone, with only 26 bullets). The confrontation was so strong, but unfortunately, the Villains began to play dirty, as they began to throw firecrackers. One of them almost hit Eggdog and Beeg, so 4 of them covered and hurt the back a little. But suddenly it started to listen as if something was behind them, at first, he believed it was some animal or even thought that they were Eggdog and Beeg running away (Just as he had asked them to).

But when he turned around, he saw the same Villain who had approached the corpse of the other Villain, it seemed that he was carrying a sword... He was not fast enough to dodge the attack... The Villain had opened a large wound in his abdomen ...SMG4 quickly fell to the ground... The pain took over him and he began to bleed and agonize...

His vision was becoming more and more blurry, while the pain in his abdomen increased... His head began to hurt... At the same time he noticed that the place began to fill with smoke...

But he saw a figure approaching him there and he tried to help... But because of the pain, he couldn't see clearly who he was, only his Villain outfit was visible... In the midst of his pain and fear,4 believed that he was going to kill him, but then he noticed that the Villain started putting something in his abdomen... He was confused and scared, so he yelled at the person...

- WHY DON'T YOU FINISH ME AT ONCE?! -.

- Because I am a Villain, not a Monster... -.