Chapter Two: A Place to Land

**ORIGINAL POV**

I had been swimming in darkness for hours. Days, maybe even weeks. I was trying my hardest to wake up but I never could. The lights continued to shine through my eyelids as I could make out voices.

"Niall, you have to eat," a voice said. I could tell he was worried.

"I can't, Liam. I just can't."

"Look, mate, I know you're worried and all, but you need to sleep and you've never gone this long without eating."

I was shocked as I realized that it was Niall, the kid from before, the one from the grave. What was he doing here?

"Liam's right, Nialler. We'll watch her. You go lay down. It's going to be fine." It was the other one. Louis, I believed.

"I'm fine right here, lads. I'll... just... I.." Soon, he faded out and I felt a pressure on my right side. There was faint snoring as I realized he must've dozed off. I felt as if my eyes were glued closed as I attempted to open them to no avail. There was nothing I could do, for I was stuck in a state in between sleep and awake but I was scared. There were strange people all around me. I closed my eyes tighter, focusing on moving my hand. I felt a yanking as I did so and realized there was a needle in it. It hurt like hell.

The fingers on my left hand gripped the blanket tightly, trying to ignore the pain. I heard a gasp, but the snoring continued. I had to try one more time, to open my eyes. That day when I woke up in the grave, I was scared and in pain. This was nothing close to that. The pain had been worse, just as my leg had. I had to bear through this pain and wake up. I had to wake up.

My eyes fluttered open. The first thing that hit me was the smell of bleach. It was an overwhelming smell that I realized barely covered up the smell of blood and death. I looked around the white room to see four boys on the couch. I knew one of them had gasped early. I was hoping they had noticed for I knew it would be a while until I could speak. There was no way for me to get their attention if they hadn't noticed. Apparently, they hadn't. They were all looking at the phone of the black haired one. I could barely notice his features though. In fact, the whole room was a blur except for the things closest to me.

There was another loud snore. My head jerked to the right in fear as I saw a blond headed kid resting his head on my hand, which he was holding tightly. I was scared. I didn't remember what happened or anything really but I did know that having a strange boy gripping your hand isn't a good thing. Especially if you have no clue where you are or even your own name.

I quickly jerked my hand away and stared at the boy in fright as he started to wake up. This wasn't good. What would I say to him? What would he do? I was in a strange place and I was scared nearly to death. I shut my eyes and squeezed them tight as I heard the steady beeping from early begin to quicken its pace. I couldn't help the tears from pouring down my cheeks. As I opened my eyes again, I saw the boy to my right stand up quickly. He was, in a way, very handsome. He had blond hair that was spiked up in the front. Through the blond you could see the brunette. I looked at his gorgeous blue eyes that seemed to sparkle with relief.

A grin stretched across his face as he pulled me into a hug. The tears continued falling but I let him hug me even though I was scared to death of him. Who was he? Then, I realized. He was the kid from last night. Or was it last night? I had no clue how long I'd been out and I really didn't want to. Even worse, he must've been the one who saved me and brought me... here. Where ever here was. I let him hug me for a little longer until the boys realized what was going on. They all stood up and hurried over to us.

"Niall, mate, let go of her. She looks frightened," the black haired one with the quiff said, looking pitiful as I continued to be tackled into this bear hug. I look back at him and into his hazel eyes. One of them, the one with the buzz cut, walked over and placed a hand on Niall's shoulder, gently prying him off of me.