Chapter Three: Holly Jolly

The party is once again gathered in Mike's basement, they are planning their next big move in the search for Will. Riley stands next to Dustin and Mike as they gather around the table planning how to sneak away without their parents realizing.

    "We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood." Mike recites the plan.

    "You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas questions, Riley rolls her eyes at the dumb nickname.

    "Just trust me on this, okay." Mike tells him, Lucas nods in response, mumbling out an okay. "Did you get the supplies?" Mike asks.

    "Yeah," Lucas replies, reaching behind him and into his bag, "Binoculars... from 'Nam. Army knife... also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana... and the wrist rocket." He holds up each item as he lists it, placing them on the table in front of the group.

    "You're gonna take out the demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin questions the boy.

    "First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye... and blind it." He responds, Riley quickly checks her bag making sure her hunting knife is there, just in case this whole wrist rocket idea doesn't work out.

    "Dustin, what did you get?" Mike asks, Dustin grabs his bag and dumps it out on the table with Lucas's stuff.

    "Well, alrighty. So, we've got...Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix." He lists off all the snacks laid out on the table. The other two boys look at each other questioning the other boy while Riley nods along approving of his snack choices.

    "Seriously," Lucas says.

    "We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway?" Dustin shoots back. "We have her," gesturing to the girl sitting on the couch playing with a walkie talkie.

    "She shut one door," Lucas fired back.

    "With her mind," Dustin emphasized. "Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like... I bet... that she could make this fly!" He had picked up the Millennium Falcon toy Mike had sitting on the couch by El. "Hey, Hey." He turned to Eleven. "Okay, concentrate. Okay?" He dropped the toy, causing it to clatter to the ground. "Okay, one more time," he said, bending down to pick up the toy. "Okay, use your powers," Riley just shook her head at the boy. As he dropped the toy again, having it fall to the ground once again.

    "Idiot," Lucas said. Miked sighed then rushed over to pick up the toy from where it had fallen to the ground.

    "She's not a dog," he said looking at Dustin.

    "Guys time for school," Mrs. Wheeler called down to the group. Who immediately scurried around grabbing their stuff. Riley grabbed her backpack and some snacks from off the table where Dustin had left them. Once again the way to the girl's heart, food. And she rushed up the stairs after Lucas and out to her bike.

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>

    It was finally recess and the group had time to find the perfect rocks for Lucas's wrist rocket. They were all in the field, eyes on the ground trying to find the perfect rock. Someone would hold one up and they would examine it but it would get turned down more often than not, they were very particular about the rocks they would need for their mission after school.

    "So, do you think Eleven was born with her powers, like the X-Men, or do you think she acquired them, like... like Green Lantern?" Dustin asked as they searched the ground.