Chapter Eleven: Trick or Treat, Freak

Today was the day, the party's all time favorite holiday. And an excuse for Riley to dress up as whoever she wanted to and eat as much candy as she possibly could. It was halloween. She got up and threw on her costume, originally the boys had wanted to do a whole group costume as the ghost busters but she would have been a dumb ghost since there are only four ghostbusters and she quickly vetoed that. So the boys are going as the ghost busters and she is going as Captain America. Her all time favorite superhero.

She decided on being wartime Captain America with a star spangled suit and an army green jacket and a helmet with an A on it. She also wore her dad's dog tags on the outside of her shirt and to pull the whole look together she had her very own shield that she and her dad had made out of some metal scraps they had laying around. In her opinion it was easily the coolest costume ever and she looked amazing in it. She threw on a pair of old boots she had and was ready to meet Lucas outside to leave when her dad came out with a camera in hand.

"Dad, I don't have time for pictures," she told him with a sigh.

"Oh come on, just a few. Besides, we have to document this awesome costume somehow." He responded, she obliged to a few and after striking a few poses with her shield she was headed out the door once again. Lucas was on his bike waiting for her at the end of her driveway.

"You look awesome!" Lucas called out when he caught sight of her. She beamed at him and attached her shield to her back. Her and Dustin were able to come up with an easy strap-on method using velcro and tape that worked like a charm.

"So do you, the proton packs turned out awesome!" She told him as she pedaled over to him. Mike quickly pulled up beside them seemingly in a better mood today. They complemented each other's costumes then took off to meet Dustin and get to school.

The boys started singing the ghostbusters theme song as they rode to school, Riley laughing at them before finally joining in. They racked their bikes with a collective, "Who you gonna call."

"Ghostbusters!" came a voice from behind them. Riley turned to see Will walking towards them. He was smiling in his costume. "Captain," he greeted her with a salute before turning to the boys.

"Hey, Spangler," Mike called out in greeting.

"Egon! Yeah!" Lucas said, hauling the boy in for a quick hug.

"Venkman," Will called out in return.

"Woah, woah, woah," Mike said looking at Lucas. The group quickly quieted down as they looked at him.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Why are you Venkman?" He questioned looking at Lucas's name tag on his jumpsuit. Riley looked between the two amused. She knew that this would be an interesting argument to watch unfold.

"Because I'm Venkman." Lucas responded.

"No, I'm Venkman." Mike argued back.

"Why can't there be two Venkman's," Will interjected, trying to stop the argument.

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life. We planned this months ago. I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, you're Egon, and you're Winston. Rye was supposed to be a ghost but whatever." Riley rolled her eyes at the boy's comment. She wasn't about to dress up as a dumb ghost all because she is the only girl in the group.

"I specifically didn't agree to Winston," Lucas told the boy. Riley understood not wanting to be Winston, he was definitely the lamest ghostbuster.

"Yes you did!" Mike shot back.

"I don't think he did," Riley said, coming to the defense of her best friend.

"No one wants to be Winston man," Lucas told Mike, Dustin shook his head agreeing with Lucas.