Fireworks

Time runs short. You must awaken. You must awaken now!

Arachnid gasped as she woke up. She was met with the sight of Superboy. She looked around and noticed she was in a glass container and that her friends were in containers as well. She felt a headache forming and realized she might have a minor injury from the head-but.

"What?" Kid Flash asked as Superboy kept staring at them. "What do you want?! Quit staring, you're creeping me out!"

"Uh, KF," Robin started. "How about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look?"

"We only sought to help you." Aqualad said.

"Yeah. We free you, and you turn on us." Kid Flash said. "How's that for grat-"

"Kid, please, be quiet now." Aqualad said to him. "I believe our new friend was not in control of his actions."

"What-what if..." Superboy started to speak. "What if I wasn't?"

"He can talk?!" KF exclaimed.

"Yes, he can." Superboy said.

Kid Flash looked at the others who only looked at him with annoyance.

"Not like I said it." He shrugged his shoulders.

"The Genomorphs taught you things telepathically." Arachnid stated.

"They taught me much." Superboy agreed turning to her. "I can read, write, I know the names of things."

"But have you seen them?" Robin asked. "Have they ever actually let you see the sky? Or the sun?"

"Images are implanted in my mind, but no." Superboy said. "I have not seen them."

"Do you know what you are, who you are?" Aqualad asked.

"I am the Superboy." He replied. "A Genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the Superman, created to replace him should he perish. To destroy him should he turn from the light."

The group looked at each other in shock. Superman definitely didn't know about this. No one in the Justice League knew about it.

"But you're so much more than a clone." Arachnid said to Superboy. "You're a living and breathing kid! You should have a childhood and a life of your own."

"Even if you are supposed to be the next Superman." Aqualad agreed. "Beyond Cadmus."

"I live because of Cadmus!" Superboy yelled. "It is my home!"

"Your home is a test tube." Said Robin. "We can show you the sun."

"Pretty sure it's after midnight." KF said. "But we can show you the moon."

"We can show you, introduce you to Superman." Aqualad said.

Superboy looked at the teenagers for a minute. What if they were right? This would be his chance to experience the things he was taught. The things he could only know about, he'd be able to touch and feel.

"No, they can't." A voice harshly said.

The doors leading to the main room opened and revealed the main male scientist, the Guardian, and another female scientist with Genomorphs on their shoulders.

"They'll be otherwise occupied." The main scientist claimed. "Activate the cloning process."

"Pass." Robin said. "Batcave's crowded enough."

"You can't say you don't enjoy my company." Arachnid joked.

Robin smiled at her.

'Always.' He thought.