Denial

"Initiating combat training." The computer said as Superboy and Kaldur walked onto the arena.

"3, 2, 1..."

They charged each other, punching and kicking. Superboy was obviously the strongest one, but Kaldur used that to his advantage. The team watched them spar. They were all in their normal clothes.

Artemis turned to Megan. "Kaldur's nice, don't you think? Handsome, commanding. You should totally ask him out."

"He's like a big brother to me." Megan responded. "But you know who would make the cutest couple? You and Wally." The two turned to see Wally obnoxiously eating a burrito. "You're so full of passion, and he's so full of, uh..."

"It?" Artemis asked.

The two teenagers bursted out laughing. Besides, they both had their eyes set on the same girl. They watched Superboy trip Kaldur then throw him to the ground.

AQUALAD
STATUS:
FAIL

"Black Canary taught me that." Superboy told him. He helped his friend up.

The ceiling opened up and Red Tornado flew through it. Wally ran up to him. "Do you have a mission for us?"

"Mission assignments are the Batman's responsibility." The hero told him.

"Yeah, well, the Batman's with the Robin and the Arachnid doing the dynamic-whatever-thing in Gotham." Wally explained. "But you're headed somewhere, right? Hot date, or a-a misión?"

"If we can be of help." Kaldur told Tornado.

"Recognized; Arachnid, B02."

Arachnid entered the cave with a pair of leggings and a white t-shirt on. She put on her sunglasses upon seeing Red Tornado.

"Woah, what's cooking, good looking?" Wally greeted her. "What happened to being with Batman?"

"He wanted special training. It's a thing he does once every couple of months." Marie told him. "I got out of it... somehow."

"We're glad you're here." Aqualad told her.

Red Tornado turned and put the hologram up. "This is Kent Nelson, a friend. He is 106 years old."

"The guy doesn't look a day over 90." Wally joked.

It was true. The old man with grey hair didn't seem 106.

"He has been missing for 23 days." Red Tornado told them. "Kent was a charter member of the Justice Society, the precursor to your mentors' Justice League."

The picture changed to one of the man wearing a suit of gold armour. It was Dr. Fate.

"Of course." Kaldur said. "Nelson was Earth's sorcerer supreme. He was Dr. Fate."

Wally scoffed quietly and turned to Artemis, "More like Dr. Fake. The guy knows a little advanced science and 'dumbledores' it up. To scare the bad guys and impress the babes."

"Kent may simply be on one of his walkabouts, but he is caretaker to the helmet of Fate, the source of the doctor's mystic might," Red Tornado explained. "And it is unwise to leave such power unguarded."

"He's like the great sorcerer priests and priestesses of Mars." Megan a said.

"I'm not from Mars, but I'd be honored to help find him." Marie said. "Besides, I've always been interested in Dr. Fate."

Wally shot his hand up. "Me, too! So honored I can barely stand it. Magic, rocks."

Artemis doubted he cared. He was only doing it because of hotsy saying she did.